diy solar

diy solar

Can I use my MPP1012LV-MS and a separate 50-80 amp charger at the same time?

TrevorInAVan

I am a beginner so I’m sorry if this is a dumb question. My basic problem is this: I expect to use more energy than I can power with just the solar panels I can fit on my van. As such, I’d like to supplement that power from being able to plug in to EV charging stations. My battery is a single 230 AH lifepo4 from LiTime.

I’ve found this adapter/step down transformer unit which claims to convert EV power from j1772 plug into essentially a standard wall outlet that anything can be plugged into (max continuous rating of 15 amps 20000 watts)

Link: https://www.evseadapters.com/shop/e...-converter.html#/54-condition-3000w_model_new

I’d like to plug a 50-80 amp battery charger into the above unit as a supplemental power source for my battery to improve charging speed. Especially because in the future I plan to add one more 230 AH battery for a total of 460 ah.

In my mind this should work as the battery and bms seems to be rated to receive up to 200 amps of charge. I’d likely be plugged in in the evenings when no solar is being generated. Since the adapter/transformer unit has two plugs I could also plug in the mpp1012LV-MS for an additional 20 amps of charging.

The battery would be connected to both the MPP and the supplemental charger at the same time, and at some times would be charging from both units. Is this safe? And what is the highest amperage lifepo4 charger that would work for this application?

Back