diy solar

diy solar

Can Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-Volts

psolver

I have an

Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-Volt 30 amp and there are time when I need to charge smaller batteries that can’t handle the 30 amp charge is there a way to throttle back the Orion? I’m trying to be thrifty and work with what I already have.​

I don't see any settings for limiting the amp output in VictronConnect for it.

If you connect the batteries to be charged in parallel then the current will be shared among the batteries. How evenly the current is shared depends on the cables you use and how "thirsty" your batteries are.

If you connect the batteries to be charged in parallel then the current will be shared among the batteries. How evenly the current is shared depends on the cables you use and how "thirsty" your batteries are.

It would also count on the batteries having an equal state of charge and all disconnecting from charging around the same time. It's conceivable one of the batteries could end up getting all the current at some point.

I want to be able to limit the out put current from the Orion. there are times when thirty amps is to much current for the battery I am trying to charg. I want to use the Orion to charge different batteries.

Back