diy solar

diy solar

Can someone review my 24v setup?

What about this inverter for your tools…

24V 4000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverters DC to AC 110V 120V with 4 AC Sockets Dual USB Ports Type-C Port AC Terminal Blocks LCD Display Remote Controller for Home RV Solar System Car https://a.co/d/0gexVbgu

24V 4000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Power Inverters DC to AC 110V 120V with 4 AC Sockets Dual USB Ports Type-C Port AC Terminal Blocks LCD Display Remote Controller for Home RV Solar System Car https://a.co/d/0gexVbgu
Or this one… Will recommends.

GIANDEL 24V 4000W Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter ETL UL458 listed with 40 Amps Hardwire Block and 30FT wired remote and LED Display for RVs Truck Boat 24V Solar System https://a.co/d/01XkBHjS

I had that PowMR MPPT controller and for the price I would avoid it. It does work but screen started flickering when it went over 40A about 500W on a 12V set up.

Also it's susceptible to occasionally getting stuck in PWM mode due to passing clouds and needs to be reset from time to time to restore full power.

It's REALLY nice to have Bluetooth on your SCC and this one does not have that feature. Bluetooth makes it a lot easier to enter or change the settings, test/monitor performance real time and automatically log performance over time.

Check out the Eco Worthy 60A MPPT its 170 on AMZ and sometimes there is a $40 off coupon. It can take up to 150V input and uses cheap bluetooth module BT-02. WiFi module available if you dont mind sharing your info with China.

Also on AMZ as "Bateria" with $40 off for the 60A. Bateria has 80A and 100A version with 250V input. They are all rebranded iPanda.

There is also a passive cooled version "GCSOAR" Ive bought and tested them all and all have been working well at 60A for over a year so far.

Last edited:
Check out the Eco Worthy 60A MPPT its 170 on AMZ and sometimes there is a $40 off coupon. It can take up to 150V input and uses cheap bluetooth module BT-02. WiFi module available if you dont mind sharing your info with China.

Also on AMZ as "Bateria" with $40 off for the 60A. Bateria has 80A and 100A version with 250V input. They are all rebranded iPanda.

There is also a passive cooled version "GCSOAR" Ive bought and tested them all and all have been working well at 60A for over a year so far.
The Eco-Worthy is too small at 150v in, my MPP Solar takes 145v in and I need 200v in at a minimum to take my Eco-Worthy tracker panel power. Same with Bateria.

Thanks for all the info you guys, much appreciated. I'm trying to find the most cost effective options here, as I have very little money to live off of for the next 3-6 months.

I found that the series-parallel configuration for the panels will bring me to 72.8V with 13.2A coming into the controller. That keeps me well below the 105V max, even at -20F temps. I'm going to look at the other controllers you guys mentioned and see what fits the budget. I hate to cheap out on components, but it's tough trying to slap together a quality system when you're pinching pennies.

I think I'm kinda wrapping my head around the battery to inverter connection, but my brain just keeps reverting back to, this connection looks like the inverter might possibly try to draw 150A out of the 60A controller. I may just need to read up more on DC logic. not sure.

Yes, these 4000W inverter options are out of my price range unfortunately. If I spend too much on these components, I'm not going to have drinking water out there, lol.

I wish the excessive amount of spelling errors on the photos and infographics for controllers wasn't such a turn off. It's on literally every product listing. These companies probably spend a considerable amount of money designing and developing these products. If they can't take the time to use a spellcheck, I'm pretty well convinced that they won't take the time to do quality checks. Good lord, lol.

I wish the excessive amount of spelling errors on the photos and infographics for controllers wasn't such a turn off. It's on literally every product listing. These companies probably spend a considerable amount of money designing and developing these products. If they can't take the time to use a spellcheck, I'm pretty well convinced that they won't take the time to do quality checks. Good lord, lol.
It’s China… English is not their 1st language…

diy solar

diy solar
Back