diy solar

diy solar

Canadian solar 250 watt panel

Jerryonthego

hey all,

Just picked up some 250 watt brand new Canadian solar panels for $100 each. Can anyone advise if this is a good deal? If so I'll go grab some more ;)

$.40/w is about avg of what "deals" are going for right now. You can find more info on what people are spending on panels down in the solar panel forum.

$.40/w is about avg of what "deals" are going for right now. You can find more info on what people are spending on panels down in the solar panel forum.
Thanks for the input. I browsed the forum. Seems $.40-.$50 Seems the trend as of now.... although depending on quality. Also since i can pick these up an avoid any freight costs.... that’s a big plus for me. Maybe ill grab another 2or 3. Thanks again

It costs about as much to mount and wire a 350w panel as it does a 250w panel. If you have a target kilowatt number that might require more than a few panels, you might look for good deals on larger panels. Also, if you plan to use micro inverters, getting panels that are well sized for given micro inverters make good sense as well.

I have Canadian Solar (POLY) panels and they are good panels. As DThames says, mounting a 250 or 330 panel is the same hardware. Bang per buck per square inch as it were. That said, you are CAPPED by the amount of input in Watts & Volts your solar charge controller can accept, but it' still prudent to try and squeeze as much as you can. $100 for 250W 60 Cell panels is good if there is no S&H and extras lopped on top.

I bought USED 265w panels for $37.50 each earlier this year at SanTanSolar but I was able to pick them up.

Shipping is often a deal breaker so local often wins the day.

Also, there is zero sales tax on solar equipment bought in Arizona.

$1.25 a watt for new panel is fair. You can definitely get better deals on used panels, but as stated above, you need to be able to pick them up because shipping is usually a deal breaker unless you are going big.

I bought USED 265w panels for $37.50 each earlier this year at SanTanSolar but I was able to pick them up.

Shipping is often a deal breaker so local often wins the day.

Also, there is zero sales tax on solar equipment bought in Arizona.

I love SanTanSolar but I can't justify the shipping costs, until I get my 10 acres and order 50 panels at sub $40 a piece to spread that shipping cost over the lot.

$1.25 a watt for new panel is fair. You can definitely get better deals on used panels, but as stated above, you need to be able to pick them up because shipping is usually a deal breaker unless you are going big.

In May of this year I also bought 4 brand new Amerisolar 375 watt panels

The total, with shipping from Arizona to Ohio was $797.

That’s 53 cents a watt for new panels shipped across country to my door (dropgate service).

diy solar

diy solar
Back