diy solar

diy solar

Canadian Solar Panels 455W Bifacial VS Trina Solar TallMax 480 Watt Panel

WADE13x

I have an LV6548 for reference

Trying to decide between

or

they are both the same total price to me so just trying to figure it out. The Canadian solar with bifacial can achieve more watts then the Trina panel. kind of stuck between the two.

The glass on the Trina is much thicker. I've also read Canadian Solar is not good with warranties. Not sure how good getting warranty with Trina is.

It's all good , panels are panels there's only slight difference between them

Either way you'll make power

How do you plan to mount the panels? Unless a decent amount of light can strike the back of the panel, the bifacial panels will not make as much power. The spec is only 455 watt vs 480 watts on the Trina front face only. I would only go with the bifacial if they will be elevated on a ground mount with reflective surfaces behind and below the panels. If they will be on rails just 6 inches above a roof, the back face will probably not add any power.

working on the install still.
Roof or ground mount? Bifacials can really benefit white/mirror like surroundings and "loose" installation. In my setup there's around 30% increase in production when there's snow in the ground. From this video you can see that there's at least 15% gain using white paint on the roof if you leave some (maybe 10cm=4") space between panels in every direction.

Roof or ground mount? Bifacials can really benefit white/mirror like surroundings and "loose" installation. In my setup there's around 30% increase in production when there's snow in the ground. From this video you can see that there's at least 15% gain using white paint on the roof if you leave some (maybe 10cm=4") space between panels in every direction.

Back