diy solar

diy solar

CATL 271Ah cell issues.

Oh, no. Someone asking me to pay them with friends and family is enough to stop the deal right there. That's not a red flag, that's a stop sign.
When I paid (in May) there was the option to pay friends & family or as goods & services... as long as I covered the PayPal fees... Michael was easy with whichever way.... I went for goods and services so have paid extra and have until November... sitting tight for the moment to see what turns up... hoping the ship to the UK had calmer waters!

When I paid (in May) there was the option to pay friends & family or as goods & services... as long as I covered the PayPal fees... Michael was easy with whichever way.... I went for goods and services so have paid extra and have until November... sitting tight for the moment to see what turns up... hoping the ship to the UK had calmer waters!
I hope everything works out for you, but for future reference, when you pay with friends and family, PayPal offers zero insurance or chance to get your money back, unless the person you sent it to decides to refund it.

Only use friends and family for friends and family.

I hope everything works out for you, but for future reference, when you pay with friends and family, PayPal offers zero insurance or chance to get your money back, unless the person you sent it to decides to refund it.

Only use friends and family for friends and family.
?? That is why I paid goods and services?? :confused::confused: If there is a problem you have 180 days to file a dispute hence my November date and no concern at present (other than dreading what will turn up)..... just pointing out that Micheal wasn't forcing Friends and family.... it may have been people's choice to save the fees..

Oh, no. Someone asking me to pay them with friends and family is enough to stop the deal right there. That's not a red flag, that's a stop sign.
Michael never asked me to pay Friends and Family. There was never a push one way or the other, that was up to the buyer as far as my experience went.

When I ordered cells from Michael he told me I could pay by check, credit card, cash, PayPal friends and family or PayPal goods and services. He never suggested what my method of payment should be, he totally left it up to me.

I don't know why you have jumped to so many conclusions without knowing the facts of this group buy. Did you order cells from Michael? Have you ever had a conversation with him? There is no need to throw more logs on this fire without knowing the facts. A good attorney would first investigate and ask questions.

Having said that, I paid via friends and family. After seeing what happened here I will never do that again if another situation like this comes along although my experience with Michael was a good one.

I am very angry and sad about what happened here as it is.

The payment options Michael gave me: PayPal Goods and Services, PayPal Friends and Family, Venmo and Square. He didn't ask me to pay with a specific one.

When I ordered cells from Michael he told me I could pay by check, credit card, cash, PayPal friends and family or PayPal goods and services. He never suggested what my method of payment should be, he totally left it up to me.
Accepting payment for a commercial transaction via "Friends and Family" is against paypal's user agreement, and it opens the door to a host of different problems for both the buyer and the seller. Paypal states that they may take action against either the seller or the buyer for engaging in this practice. (I'm not sure what kind of action that is, though?)

I used the "Goods and services" payment, but he offered F&F too, so that we could save on fees.

For the buyer, you don't get any purchase protection with F&F. And for the seller, they lose it too; if a buyer who has paid via F&F receives their items and then decides to do a chargeback through their credit card, the seller gets screwed. Normally paypal covers the seller from this situation.

I am ~not~ suggesting that anyone should do a fraudulent chargeback. Just pointing out that there are good reasons to be cautious about this practice.

Sender is KingSpeed. Same story here. They open at 9am PDT.View attachment 62527

Just got off the phone with KingSpeed. They were unable to provide any sort of information. Not because they wouldn't, but they appeared not to have it. The woman asked for my tracking number, saw the tracking history from the screenshot and sounded surprised. She stated that they are just a 3rd party and don't have anything to do with ownership of the shipment. She said that if return to sender has been requested, it had to have come from the original shipper (China) as they don't have anything to do with the generation of the label.

Sounds like the only activity that KingSpeed is involved in is the breakdown of the container and proxy to UPS. Doesn't appear that they are repackaging these, although their website leads one to believe that repackaging IS a service that they offer.

I don't know why you have jumped to so many conclusions without knowing the facts of this group buy. Did you order cells from Michael? Have you ever had a conversation with him? There is no need to throw more logs on this fire without knowing the facts. A good attorney would first investigate and ask questions.

Having said that, I paid via friends and family. After seeing what happened here I will never do that again if another situation like this comes along although my experience with Michael was a good one.

I am very angry and sad about what happened here as it is.
Yea, same here, F&F, I don't know that I wouldn't be outside the window of dispute anyway.

I did my order through square because i have always had issues with pay pal. starting up a conversation with mike on how to handle this because at the end of the day it was the chinese seller fucking EVERYONE over. mike is just providing a service as the middle man.

I did my order through square because i have always had issues with pay pal. starting up a conversation with mike on how to handle this because at the end of the day it was the chinese seller fucking EVERYONE over. mike is just providing a service as the middle man.
I looked at all of your photos. I hope you have somewhere outside of your home to store these. Leaking electrolyte is bad enough but I noticed one of the terminals on your cells has been pushed over due to the stud being hit. Please be safe.

I looked at all of your photos. I hope you have somewhere outside of your home to store these. Leaking electrolyte is bad enough but I noticed one of the terminals on your cells has been pushed over due to the stud being hit. Please be safe.

the one that was leaking has been placed outside, the other 3 have been wiped down, the bent stud is also outside, so far 2 are DOA, with another that is questionable but this is why you always order more then you need, i ordered 34 because i needed 32, i may have 32 working batteries.

Well .... We are starting to get deep into live and learn territory here. I had no idea there are so many trusting people left in the world.
OMG .... order F&F when ordering expensive goods from China thru a 3rd party ... My preservation instinct would never allow me to do that.
Please .... never ever do that.

That's actually a strike against Michael for me ... that he would let people do that knowing they are giving away all protection .... or at least warn them of that.

There is another question I am hesitant to even ask .... Is there any pattern to who has gotten a refund and who has not?

I had a large order of cells shipped to France by another supplier and they were packed extremely well....but still one box was beaten all to heck and those four cells are damaged to the point they are being replaced by that supplier.

This is my order.

I ordered 34 Lishen 272ah cells on March 4th then changed to 68 150Ah cells on April 22nd and delivered on August 6th.

150Ah cells are sent from an other supplier. The cells were packed very well with a thick layer of foam. There were 6 cells per package, and only 4 in 2 other packages. One of these 4-cells packages was probably badly handled at some point, and these cells were severely damaged.

Now, I am lucky that there are only 4 cells on 68. After waiting so long, I am so sorry for you who received these bad cells. I really hope this will all turn out quickly for all of us!

I've informed Michael on august 7th, and he told me he will take care of it, but I'm still waiting for a solution from him. No news since then.
(Also the bus bar were not as requested and promised...)

Here are some picture of my 4 bad cells :
1630522817206.png
1630522835496.png

As far as I know, no one who's battery shipping label is active and/or had cells delivered, has gotten a refund or resolution. The only people I have ever seen getting a refund is those who requested refunds before the batteries shipped.

Back