diy solar

diy solar

CC voltage settings

wme

Solar Enthusiast
I accumulated "stuff" during the winter and got things installed on the RV. I have 2 12v 100ah Lifepo4 in parallel.
Now it's time to finish polishing the turd so to speak. The plan is/was 300w on the roof and 200w on the ground with 25ft of 10ga wire. The ground panels are for when I'm parked in the shade. All the panels would be in parallel feeding a 40 amp MPPT CC. Then the thought occurred to me that I have an older working 20 amp MPPT CC that I removed from the original 200w roof set up.
First question 1 or 2 CC?. The 40 amp is a Bouge controller, the 20 amp is unknown Chinese from 8 years ago
Second question voltage settings. The 40 amp has SLA, AGM, GEL, LI and user. The 20 amp has AGM, LA and self. The 40 amp CC set on Li is a fixed 14.5v. With the user setting I can adjust bulk, absorb, float and equliz. The 20 amp CC adjustments are charge, float, equliz.
I know 0v equliz, but is 14.5v constant OK for long term battery life? With the mismatch of charge volts/setting any recommendations

The voltage for each stage is adjustable. Equliz has time interval (days), duration (minutes and voltage adjustments

I accumulated "stuff" during the winter and got things installed on the RV. I have 2 12v 100ah Lifepo4 in parallel.
Now it's time to finish polishing the turd so to speak. The plan is/was 300w on the roof and 200w on the ground with 25ft of 10ga wire. The ground panels are for when I'm parked in the shade. All the panels would be in parallel feeding a 40 amp MPPT CC. Then the thought occurred to me that I have an older working 20 amp MPPT CC that I removed from the original 200w roof set up.
First question 1 or 2 CC?.

If the panel strings have different Vmp, 2.

The 40 amp is a Bouge controller, the 20 amp is unknown Chinese from 8 years ago

You sure it's an MPPT? MANY fakes.

Second question voltage settings. The 40 amp has SLA, AGM, GEL, LI and user. The 20 amp has AGM, LA and self. The 40 amp CC set on Li is a fixed 14.5v. With the user setting I can adjust bulk, absorb, float and equliz. The 20 amp CC adjustments are charge, float, equliz.
I know 0v equliz, but is 14.5v constant OK for long term battery life? With the mismatch of charge volts/setting any recommendations

14.2 - 14.4V bulk/absorption/boost.
Absorption/boost time: 30 - 120 minutes.
13.5V float

You sure it's an MPPT? MANY fakes.
Bet my life, nope. But it is in a heavy finned extruded aluminum case. The display has many functions via push buttons and no USB jacks.
The original panels are 19.4v vmp and the new ones are 20.4v vmp. The new ones are roof mounted the older ones were recycled into ground mounts
The voltage suggestions are helpful and I will try them.
Thanks

Back