diy solar

diy solar

Cerbo GX with other brand component's? Victron experts needed

JaVid

I just got a Cerbo GX and hooked it up and loving it. Data lovers dream and I think it will make load management easier this winter. I should have bought it a long time ago! Thanks to @sunshine_eggo for encouraging me to buy it.

My question is this. I have multiplus inverter and a couple of Victron Charge controllers and Smart Shunt all hooked up to the Cerbo. My issue is that I also have (2) Midnite Kid controllers. I am pretty sure I can't connect them to the Cerbo, but is there a way to add up their production somehow or have that added to my Cerbo info?

It seems like you could figure out pretty easily what they produce - Watts that Multiplus inverts to AC + watts into batteries - watts that my Victron CC produce = approx what the midnite kid controllers produce. That seems correct to me. Is there a way to have the cerbo figure this out and show this production somehow?

I just got a Cerbo GX and hooked it up and loving it. Data lovers dream and I think it will make load management easier this winter. I should have bought it a long time ago! Thanks to @sunshine_eggo for encouraging me to buy it.

My question is this. I have multiplus inverter and a couple of Victron Charge controllers and Smart Shunt all hooked up to the Cerbo. My issue is that I also have (2) Midnite Kid controllers. I am pretty sure I can't connect them to the Cerbo, but is there a way to add up their production somehow or have that added to my Cerbo info?

It seems like you could figure out pretty easily what they produce - Watts that Multiplus inverts to AC + watts into batteries - watts that my Victron CC produce = approx what the midnite kid controllers produce. That seems correct to me. Is there a way to have the cerbo figure this out and show this production somehow?

You can try enabling DC system. That's a bucket where anything unaccounted for goes. This will include the Kid stuff, but not just that. Inverter inefficiencies and idle loads as well as actual DC loads end up in there as well.

If you want something accurate, you can configure a dedicated smartshunt as an energy meter and track it separately. You could do one per Kid or feed both Kids through one.

You can try enabling DC system. That's a bucket where anything unaccounted for goes. This will include the Kid stuff, but not just that. Inverter inefficiencies and idle loads as well as actual DC loads end up in there as well.

If you want something accurate, you can configure a dedicated smartshunt as an energy meter and track it separately. You could do one per Kid or feed both Kids through one.

Good suggestions. I should probably just buy a new Charge controller and use Kid's as backups.

No idea how to use Node Red or Signal K, but I have them enabled in my Large Venus RPi. :)
Signal K is for boats but node is pretty easy to use as it's all web interface. Basically allows you to have it do anything. Victron made a 3 part video on YouTube on how to setup.

Really cool and once I get some time I'll play around with it.

Back