diy solar

diy solar

Victron Cerbo GX MK1 or MK2 for Ruixu Battery?

seeyalater

Hi. I'm setting up my first system.

Over the weekend I mounted my Victron Multiplus II 5000/48 and Linx Distributor and my Ruixu battery should be here sometime this week. I was about to go online and order a Cerbo GX so I can link the battery to the Victron system but noticed there are 3 models, the GX-S, GX, and GX MKII. The latest is the MKII model, but I noticed it lacks the BMS-CAN port.

Do I need this port to use with the Ruixu battery? or should I just get the newest MKII?

Attachments

• CANBus - BMS-Can VE.Can.jpg
    CANBus - BMS-Can VE.Can.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 2
  • cerbo-gx-mk2-ports.png
    cerbo-gx-mk2-ports.png
    862.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi. I'm setting up my first system.

Over the weekend I mounted my Victron Multiplus II 5000/48 and Linx Distributor and my Ruixu battery should be here sometime this week. I was about to go online and order a Cerbo GX so I can link the battery to the Victron system but noticed there are 3 models, the GX-S, GX, and GX MKII. The latest is the MKII model, but I noticed it lacks the BMS-CAN port.

Do I need this port to use with the Ruixu battery? or should I just get the newest MKII?
Either GX mk1 or GX MK2 should be fine, here's the differences:

Screenshot_20240325_113125_Chrome.jpg

Thanks. I'll go ahead and order the MKII. So the modified Cat5 cable will go from the Ruixu battery to the GX MKII's VE.Can port?

Back