diy solar

diy solar

Victron questions-Cerbo and lynx

Bluedog225

Texas
I am connecting my SOK server rack batteries to the Cerbo GX. I figured out the dip switches and connecting the various battery communication cables.

My last question before I make the final hook up with the custom cable between the master battery and the Cerbo is which port do I plug this cable into on the SOK batteries.

The current connected description is missing this detail. I’m guessing the RS 485B or C ports. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I’ve got the lynx distributor power cable (RJ10) with no place to plug it in.

The manual says it plugs into the Lynx Smart BMS or Lynx Shunt VE. Can. But I thought I didn’t need a shunt if I had the Cerbo GX. And I don’t think I need the BMS.

Do I need a shunt for the sole purpose of powering the distributor?

I don’t see an appropriate port on the Cerbo.

Many thanks

The power for the Distributor (if I remember correctly) is a 5v supply (usb power supply).

I remember seeing a YouTube video on how someone made a little supply cable that didn’t take up much room and all fit inside the distributor. If I can find it I will post it in this thread.

For the Victron to monitor the in/out power you either need a BMS ($600) or the Lynx Shunt ($300) that connects to the lynx buss bar system. I went with the shunt and cebro due to cost of me already having the cebro.

To monitor the battery which shows the current going in/out you can also use a Smartshunt or BMV712.

The one thing you will lose by using a Smartshunt/BMV712 and the YouTube cable power hack, is the Cerbo will not know and cannot tell you through VRM (internet monitoring) that the fuse is blown.

If you have the shunt, there is a spot in the Cerbo that shows the fuses are ok or blown (I don’t know where that is).

To monitor the battery which shows the current going in/out you can also use a Smartshunt or BMV712.

The one thing you will lose by using a Smartshunt/BMV712 and the YouTube cable power hack, is the Cerbo will not know and cannot tell you through VRM (internet monitoring) that the fuse is blown.

If you have the shunt, there is a spot in the Cerbo that shows the fuses are ok or blown (I don’t know where that is).
just a heads up, only the BMS will show the fuse status. The Shunt will not report back the fuse status to the Cebro. From my understanding Victron may enable this feature sometime.

The current connected description is missing this detail. I’m guessing the RS 485B or C ports. Can anyone confirm this?
In one of their videos, they connected an SOK using the CAN port on the front. I didn't see where it connected to on the Cerbo, but I'm guessing the BMS CAN port.

Back