diy solar

diy solar

Chargery BMS8T and BlueSea 7713 latching relay

Just picked up two (7712 old model) on the ebay, one for charge and discharge. There is also the 7710 that has identical looking specs as well. Ebay has some of the older ones for sub-100$ now and then. FYI
Two of these is probably a gold standard for a chargery system methinks?

Just wondering if this actually went anywhere am trying to figure out the same thing as everyone else only I want to use this between my panels and my SCC

Works great. Will not function with just the control wires attached (in case you try to test it). It needs the + from the battery hooked up as well.
8B15BB7C-C110-4E47-8A36-FA28C439A49F.jpeg

Thanks man ok one more question I was planning on running 60v to my mppt as I am building a 24v system do you think this is up to the task

I don’t know enough to help you. The 24V version will work for 24 volts. If it’s running 60V it would not work.

OK, I said I'd post back with results. The Chargery BMS finally did arrive and I have been able to do some limited bench testing here. The 7713 works as expected with the Chargery BMS. It latches when it is supposed to and unlatches when it is supposed to. No issues running this combination on 12V from the battery, do not need an external power source. In my case, I use a SSR to trigger the Charger as the Charger simply needs a closed circuit to activate. Hope this helps.

What I had wanted to do was use this as a low temp disconnect between my panels and my SCC that's the 60v part sorry for not being clear just wasn't sure whether the unit could take 60v across the main terminals

Can the Bluesea 7713 accept a power source for latching (through the red and black wires) that is different from the power source going through the A-B terminals?
I intend to use 7713 to switch power (on/off) between the solar panels and the charge controller while using an external power source to change the state of the 7713 (on/off). Can that work?

Back