diy solar

diy solar

SUNSYNK-3.6K-SG04LP1 ECCO and Seplos Mason 280L BMS V3 issue

It's around 12kw - so it just doesn't stack up to buy a charger that's upwards of £2k. I'm quite surprised that Octopus actually thinks it's a viable option, though I think they're looking more at the CHaDeMO charging process rather than battery capacity.

Sorry, its a 12kw of power I understand.
Crikey - so 50A supply at 240V! No wonder the bi-directional charger is expensive. Might not get the 12kW for that long though - I didn't think PHEV batteries have much capacity.

I think 12kw could power most homes, but we are high users, especially in the winter.

On another matter, I have been told that it's financially better to buy all my power at 7.5p and change my FiT from deemed to actual grid feed at 15p per KW. It sort of makes sense but I still need to think about it. Do you have any thoughts on it ..?

RESULT, I bought an Ohme Pro Charger 'pre loved' last year and tried to set it up to charge the outlander, but because its a tethered charger, with a type 2 plug, i tried to use a type 1 to type 2 charging lead attached to the existing type 2 lead from the charger. No luck, kept showing car not connected message, so i decided to do away with any sort of adapters and change the lead to a type 1 plug - i realise that its now limited to cars with type 1 plugs, but we dont plan to change cars and if we did, i could just refit the type 2 lead. Anyway, just turned it all on and its now showing as connected ! i dont want other people using my car charger to charge their vehicle using my electricity !!

its already had a test charge via Octopus and and just a small charge now via the Ohme app and everything seems good !
i did seek advice as to whether there were 'safety/operating reasons against doing the swap and it seems its perfectly feasible.

Back