diy solar

diy solar

Latest Mason 280L issues

Is that what you are doing? I thought the balance voltage setting was only for the passive resistance balancing
How I read the info about was

"Seplos Active Balance Board can either be used separately or compatible with Seplos BMS 3.0. When reaching a threshold, BMS sends signals, and the balance board starts work. Thus to keep consistency of all cells in the battery pack. The board gets energy from the battery pack, and 3 circuits can be activated at the same time. Each circuit offers a 2A balance current"

How I read the info about was

"Seplos Active Balance Board can either be used separately or compatible with Seplos BMS 3.0. When reaching a threshold, BMS sends signals, and the balance board starts work. Thus to keep consistency of all cells in the battery pack. The board gets energy from the battery pack, and 3 circuits can be activated at the same time. Each circuit offers a 2A balance current"
Does anyone have a screenshot in the BMS app where you can set the active balancer start/stop voltage vs the passive balancer?

If I recall it's preprogram to the balancer and not online with BMS. From what seplos support said to me when I last ordered boxes from them in september

@Neil H said one thing. @ddonq1412 says the opposite. I think they are pre-programmed to start below 3.45v which is what I don’t want. Seems like no one is sure. My helteks and voltage sense to turn on work great but wanted something more integrated. Oh well.

when I asked Seplos in October, they said there’s no way to set the threshold voltage to trigger active balancer on with V3 BMS.

when I asked Seplos in October, they said there’s no way to set the threshold voltage to trigger active balancer on with V3 BMS.
Thanks. Just watched a video about this. Looks like the mason kits with the active balancer require a manual push button to turn it on. So you have to have your SCC maintain a high state of charge, push the button to turn it on, then push the button to turn it off.

Thanks everyone for actually confirming that the V3 BMS has a passive balancer too, that is more information than I managed to eek out of the geniuses at Seplos...

Attachments

• seplos_active_balancer.png
    seplos_active_balancer.png
    82.6 KB · Views: 19
change it on via PC software,
Not for active balancing. The parameter only controls passive balancing start voltage. As far as I know, and Seplos confirmed a couple of months back, Seplos active balancers have a hard coded start voltage that’s not user configurable.

Not for active balancing. The parameter only controls passive balancing start voltage. As far as I know, and Seplos confirmed a couple of months back, Seplos active balancers have a hard coded start voltage that’s not user configurable.
if the active balance board is plugged into the dry switch of the BMS then that switch can be set to turn off / on the active balance board at a set level

1704893437186.png

Back