diy solar

diy solar

Chargery purchase - What is needed?

adnubian

From the ebay link the Chargery BMS16T without options is $69.00. I am wondering what that comes with exactly? If I am ordering one of those alternative relays, can I get away with the $69.00 purchase? Will that include the cabling, shunt etc or is that what the extra is covering? And if that is the case, should I bother with a 600 amp relay since I will replace it anyway?? Please advise as I do not want to purchase what is not needed. Thanks all!!

The Part Number ie: BMS16T-300 denotes the Shunt Included in the kit, The "kit" has everything except the relays and the delay board.
I do believe that some vendors also sell them without Shunts but I don't know who does that. I personally do not like their shunts so I replace them with Deltec 500A/50mv units which also have a nice base that can be screwed down to keep it from moving about. Also I think the ones supplied are not really up to the task at their Full Rating, so I would order a BMS16t-600 with a 600 shunt which should be fine up to 300A of actual use. Basically derate them by 50% to be comfortable, a shunt should not get hot. Bogart Shunts are also Top Quality but I can't find them at reasonable prices. The Deltex 500's average between $30 & $55 if you do some hunting around, last batch of 4 I got came from Old Stock & Old Price at $30 a piece.

The Part Number ie: BMS16T-300 denotes the Shunt Included in the kit, The "kit" has everything except the relays and the delay board.
I do believe that some vendors also sell them without Shunts but I don't know who does that. I personally do not like their shunts so I replace them with Deltec 500A/50mv units which also have a nice base that can be screwed down to keep it from moving about. Also I think the ones supplied are not really up to the task at their Full Rating, so I would order a BMS16t-600 with a 600 shunt which should be fine up to 300A of actual use. Basically derate them by 50% to be comfortable, a shunt should not get hot. Bogart Shunts are also Top Quality but I can't find them at reasonable prices. The Deltex 500's average between $30 & $55 if you do some hunting around, last batch of 4 I got came from Old Stock & Old Price at $30 a piece.

sorry hikacking this thread. Also looking at eBay for US supply for a Chargery 8T with shunt. I’ll probably get the same Deltex shunt you recommend. Where do I get reliable relays though?

I’m looking to power typical large home appliances (washer, refrigerator, 1100w microwave, hair dryer) and I can’t imagine going beyond 2500w continues on 24V. I’d imagine a relay at least good to 150A should do. (Sorry still learning)

I think once I find relays I can finally start building my pack of Cells sitting in the garage.

@Steve_S Just to be sure I have to purchase a complete set if I want all of the cables, etc. It seems like I am going to want to use a aftermarket shunt and relay. My question really is what comes within the box for $69.00?

sorry hikacking this thread. Also looking at eBay for US supply for a Chargery 8T with shunt. I’ll probably get the same Deltex shunt you recommend. Where do I get reliable relays though?

I’m looking to power typical large home appliances (washer, refrigerator, 1100w microwave, hair dryer) and I can’t imagine going beyond 2500w continues on 24V. I’d imagine a relay at least good to 150A should do. (Sorry still learning)

I think once I find relays I can finally start building my pack of Cells sitting in the garage.

Are you able to shut down the inverter with a remote trigger or by wiring in series with a power switch instead of switching the DC side?

Are you able to shut down the inverter with a remote trigger or by wiring in series with a power switch instead of switching the DC side?

This is how I would like to do it as well. Bob, do you have a write up on this method? My Giandel has a remote switch.

This is how I would like to do it as well. Bob, do you have a write up on this method? My Giandel has a remote switch.

If you look at Will's videos, he did one where he enabled and disabled an inverter with a SSR.

@Steve_S Just to be sure I have to purchase a complete set if I want all of the cables, etc. It seems like I am going to want to use a aftermarket shunt and relay. My question really is what comes within the box for $69.00?
I have no clue what would come with it for $69 . I bought mine directly from Chargery. Craig also sells them in the US.

@Larry619 I am using the standard relays they have, am waiting on Solid Site Relays & Energy Saver relays which are lost somewhere in transit. Many are experimenting with various ones and posting about it in other treads.

From the ebay link the Chargery BMS16T without options is $69.00. I am wondering what that comes with exactly? If I am ordering one of those alternative relays, can I get away with the $69.00 purchase? Will that include the cabling, shunt etc or is that what the extra is covering? And if that is the case, should I bother with a 600 amp relay since I will replace it anyway?? Please advise as I do not want to purchase what is not needed. Thanks all!!
I think that price is only for the relay if you were looking at ebay.

diy solar

diy solar
Back