diy solar

diy solar

Charging an EcoFlow Delta Pro with a Grid-Tie Inverter?

cristipurdel

I have 4 panels of 570W with a Voc of 51 V, so most probably (unless I should consider the Vmpp???) linking 3 in series will exceed the 150V of the EF Delta Pro needed to get a possible max of 1600W.
If I would use a single phase grid-tie inverter, e.g. Hoymiles HMS-2000-4T (4 MPPTs max 2000W), could I charge the the EF Delta Pro via the AC input (max 2900W) ?
Since I needed for an Europe setup, bigger goal would be to have 3 panels with 45Vish Voc to connect to EF Delta Pro, 2 panels to connect to EF PowerStream and 4 or 6 panels to connect to a grid-tie inverter (1 or 3 phase) to parallel charge the EF Delta Pro. Using the EF PowerStream I could trickle the electricity (e.g. 3.6KWh over 24h) to back feed the grid to cover the base load consumption (e.g. 150W/h, while also using EF Smart Plugs).

I have 4 panels of 570W with a Voc of 51 V, so most probably (unless I should consider the Vmpp???) linking 3 in series will exceed the 150V of the EF Delta Pro needed to get a possible max of 1600W.

Correct. Why not 2S2P?

If I would use a single phase grid-tie inverter, e.g. Hoymiles HMS-2000-4T (4 MPPTs max 2000W), could I charge the the EF Delta Pro via the AC input (max 2900W) ?

How? Grid tie inverters require a grid to connect to. Where would you get the "grid"? Grid tie inverters also do not regulate themselves, i.e., they expect an "infinite" grid in which to dump their maximum output.

I just saw this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/ecoflow-delta-pro-solar-array-max-voltage-question.55556/ and I was afraid that I could blow the MPPT if I overload the voltage. I could use a 5th smaller panel and connect in series with the 2 Voc 51V panels, while the other 2 panels can be connected to the PowerStream.
2S2P is a bit of waste, since I mostly needed for winter production. But since all them are shaded at some point during winter, I should be more close to NOCT than to STC specs.
Did anyone else except @mtymous managed to exceed the max voltage of the Delta Pro while not burning the MPPT?

Ok, I will do some tests and post later some numbers.
Another bypass would be to see around which temperature starts getting close-ish to the 150V, add a couple of degrees to that value, and have an automation like if temp drops below x, then shut down the Delta Pro 2. This should be enabled during winter since it is not producing almost anything.
Still, I would except this kind of self-preservation to be implemented at the software side.

Back