diy solar

diy solar

Charging

Dennis 1

Hi all I have a question for someone smarter than me.

I saw on one of Will Prowse's video where he did a milk crate build of a generator with a 50ah lithium battery that he took his Drok 48V 10A power AC-DC charger and charger and ran it through a Rich 20A charge controller.
at 8 Minutes

He said he could charge at 20 amps rather than 10A when running it into the PV part of the charge controller to make it charge faster. He did need to raise the volts from 11.5 to about 30.

My question is I have a 10A Noco charger that I hook up to charge my 3 - 100ah lithium batteries now. Could I run it into my 40 amp Epever charge controller thru the pv input and charge at 40 amps instead of the 10 amps? If not could you please let me know what I would need to do.

My question is I have a 10A Noco charger that I hook up to charge my 3 - 100ah lithium batteries now. Could I run it into my 40 amp Epever charge controller thru the pv input and charge at 40 amps instead of the 10 amps? If not could you please let me know what I would need to do.

The 10amp Noco charger isn't going to allow you to increase the voltage so the Epever can charge the batteries at 40amps.

Pretend numbers..

Noco 10 amp charger.. outputs 12v at 10 amps. 120 watts.
Epever charge controller outputs 12v at 40 amps from solar panels, 480 watts.

The Noco connected to the epever would still never be able to do more than 120 watts, because that's all the Noco is willing to create from your power outlet.

If you want to charge your batteries at a higher amount than 120 watts, you need something that will generate more than 120watts of charging power. Like a bigger Noco.

The 10amp Noco charger isn't going to allow you to increase the voltage so the Epever can charge the batteries at 40amps.

Pretend numbers..

Noco 10 amp charger.. outputs 12v at 10 amps. 120 watts.
Epever charge controller outputs 12v at 40 amps from solar panels, 480 watts.

The Noco connected to the epever would still never be able to do more than 120 watts, because that's all the Noco is willing to create from your power outlet.

If you want to charge your batteries at a higher amount than 120 watts, you need something that will generate more than 120watts of charging power. Like a bigger Noco.
Thank you and that makes sense

Back