diy solar

diy solar

Cheapest $$ Rack Mount Battery I have seen sold in the USA.

robby

Photon Vampire
I was shown this battery by a friend on the Forum and I was shocked by the price. Even with 500W less capacity it's a great deal.
For anybody with Amazon Prime you get free delivery and 30 day no questions asked free return. Also the reviews are not bad and they seem to have good Customer Support based on the reviews. Now if they would send one to @Will Prowse for review that would be awesome.

PowerQueenBattery.jpg

I was shown this battery by a friend on the Forum and I was shocked by the price. Even with 500W less capacity it's a great deal.
For anybody with Amazon Prime you get free delivery and 30 day no questions asked free return. Also the reviews are not bad and they seem to have good Customer Support based on the reviews.

No BMS communication and only 4 in parallel?
It does seem to be a 16S battery and the fact it has a breaker is a plus.

No BMS communication and only 4 in parallel?
It does seem to be a 16S battery and the fact it has a breaker is a plus.
Yes and the main thing that attracts me to it is that I can buy it and try it and if it’s not all they say it is I can return it with no money lost.
I really hope Will can get one to review.

Oh gosh that looks just like the ampere time one I just reviewed. Was not pretty inside.
No $250 shipping so it’s certainly worth finding out.
They seem like the kind of company that will send you one for review but if not you can buy it and if it sucks return it for free.

The 48v 100a Trophy batteries are $1495, although S&H is going to run ~$180. Not sure how s&h plays out when ordering multiples. They are Will approved.

I’m willing to wager that my already ten year old LiFePO4 cells will outlast those batteries.

I can’t afford to use the cheap stuff.

The 48v 100a Trophy batteries are $1495, although S&H is going to run ~$180. Not sure how s&h plays out when ordering multiples. They are Will approved.
Sounds silly but I think if the trophy batteries had better marketing and website, and sold their own rack, they would be extremely popular. They are great batteries and work well.

No $250 shipping so it’s certainly worth finding out.
They seem like the kind of company that will send you one for review but if not you can buy it and if it sucks return it for free.
Oh I mean the case and circuit breaker/terminal placement is the same. So I am guessing this is just a rebranded version of the same pack. And good to know about the shipping.

Hey, Will,

Thanks for this great Forum!

Sure do hope that you can get the time to do a teardown/review of the Trophy 48V220E-1 battery. We would love to see what is inside, and, your review of its guts, Capacity, etc.

Yes, it would be great if Trophy was able to do more Marketing, and Promotion. Dan is a great resource, but it may well be a two-man show ...

Thanks again, 'Luke', POD

It's pretty likely they're not labeling the product correctly in Amazon so they can ship the battery standard non-freight. So don't be surprised if your battery gets manhandled, without even touching on the potential dangers of shipping high amp batteries through regular channels.

It's pretty likely they're not labeling the product correctly in Amazon so they can ship the battery standard non-freight. So don't be surprised if your battery gets manhandled, without even touching on the potential dangers of shipping high amp batteries through regular channels.
It's Amazon so why sweat it. If it comes and it's damaged they will email you a label within 5 minutes for a free return.

Last edited:
Well it may not be great but it has gotten at least one thing right.. if you’re going to sell me used cells that are so far below the original spec that even a chinese seller peddling used as new STILL is afraid to slap 100ah on it, its got to undercut the ‘mainstream options’ on price by more than ‘just barely’. It needs to undercut them by a LOT. And 1299 is the closest ive seen to ‘properly much cheaper’ in the server rack category. But still not cheap enough for me, and technically still more expensive than 4x some well-reviewed 12v/100ah batts in series. But closer! ?‍♂️

Wow and I just realized that Amazons Christmas return Policy kicked in on Oct 11th.
You now have up until January 31st 2023 to return the battery.

I had purchased 4 Ampere Time 240AH 12V batteries thru Amazon. One came in dead. Contacted A.T. - they are out of stock until December (earliest) according to A.T. customer support. They sent me label and everything was free to send back (as it should have been) on the dead battery. Now with 3 of the others at 12V each - they did me no good for a 48V system - so started the return of the other 3 batteries. A.T. is requiring me to pay for return shipping of these from the east coast to IL - so beware of the Amazon free returns/Prime thought - as that seemingly does not always apply. I should have just gone with server rack batteries from the beginning. Now will look at EG4 and Trophy Battery...

I had purchased 4 Ampere Time 240AH 12V batteries thru Amazon. One came in dead. Contacted A.T. - they are out of stock until December (earliest) according to A.T. customer support. They sent me label and everything was free to send back (as it should have been) on the dead battery. Now with 3 of the others at 12V each - they did me no good for a 48V system - so started the return of the other 3 batteries. A.T. is requiring me to pay for return shipping of these from the east coast to IL - so beware of the Amazon free returns/Prime thought - as that seemingly does not always apply. I should have just gone with server rack batteries from the beginning. Now will look at EG4 and Trophy Battery...
Contact Amazon directly and they will send a return label.
As a matter of fact you don’t even need to contact Amazon, just go to your orders page and look for the purchase and to the right of it should be the Return button. Just use that. Ampere time has no say in Amazon returns.

Looking at your other post you bough those three batteries over a month ago and said they were fine. Amazon return policy is normally 30 days so you are outside of the return window and out of luck. You will have to wait until they get that fourth battery.

Right Now Amazon is in Christmas return time so everyone has 90 days or until January 31st to return items purchased now.

The batteries were bought in 4 groups. Initially - had them in a 12V parallel config, and seemingly were working decently. Then upgraded to a Victron 48v inverter - and started having issues. Come to find out that one of the batteries was non-functional. That is when I started going back and forth with A.T. They took that one back immediately. The others they will take back that are within 30 days (2 of the 3 remaining) - but are wanting me to pay for the return trip. In the end - will get a server rack class 48V battery for use with the Victron 48v inverter, and will have a single 240Ah 12V battery with a 12V Sigineer inverter given the timing of things. I did the return on the orders page on the 2 to be returned, but now am waiting for the address information and return number to be confirmed by A.T.

Back