diy solar

diy solar

check with multimeter 100 ft

e67

say you have 2 wires(no power) twisted and buried over 100 ft. and you only have 1 multimeter.... how would you verify pos/neg both ends..????

There's probably a smarter way but left to my own devices my first reaction would be to grab an AA battery and tape one end to it's positive and negative.

Otherwise I would hook up the panels and do it the spicy way. That's probably what I would actually do.

There's probably a smarter way but left to my own devices my first reaction would be to grab an AA battery and tape one end to it's positive and negative.

Otherwise I would hook up the panels and do it the spicy way. That's probably what I would actually do.
Yeah, either connect a nonlinear device (battery, diode, solar panel) and measure the far end, connect one to ground, or something similar.

Yeah, either connect a nonlinear device (battery, diode, solar panel) and measure the far end, connect one to ground, or something similar.
Yeah good point, if there's a ground path just connect one to that and then test continuity the other end.

When I have to identify one wire in multiple wires, I have a helper touch the ground pin of an extension cord to one of the wires then at the other end, I check continuity between the ground pin and the unknown wires until I get a tone.

how about stick a metal rod into the ground 4 inches and try continuity then..??would that work?

how about stick a metal rod into the ground 4 inches and try continuity then..??would that work?
ground resistance way too high, unless saturated with water

battery holder, alligator clips, clip to wires at one end, measure at the other. Radio Shack stuff, sadly they are gone.

Back