diy solar

diy solar

Choosing inverter in 2024. MIN10000TL vs 6000XP vs LV-6548

In 2024 I would buy..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SomethingElse

Rays of sunshine are a terrible thing to waste!
Being an addict for only several months, its soon time to upgrade again, and I am looking for some advice. I can only build a supplemental system due to space constraints at the moment. Ill have approx 9KW of panel input. The growatt has a 10k output, seems like an amazing value, and has a 10 year warranty! The 6000XP seems built like a Lexus tank, super low standby consumption. Then there is the old LV-6548. Cheap, Tried and true but I feel its outdated technology and I'd need two of them. how many years has it been around? I'd love to go with the 18k but its overkill for me.

I don't know all the pros and cons of each, is the growatt really difficult to use/setup? the eg4 seems the most user friendly. Are there other suggestions to consider?

Wow that Growatt is a fantastic price for a grid-tie capable unit. I don’t know much about it but looks really good based only on price and specs…. But I do love my 6000XP.

By this I assume you mean a grid tied system?
Grid tie is not a requirement, or needed. The house has no gas so everything is electric and I do not have the roof/yard space to go off grid.

If you are referring to the Growatt MIN10000TL-XH-US, it is simple to setup. And if you get one , get the 11.4 kW version.

The only drawback is battery price.
That was on my mind, will it communicate with eg4/sungold solar batteries etc? right now I have four 12.8V in series with no communication. Not doing that again.

Grid tie is not a requirement, or needed. The house has no gas so everything is electric and I do not have the roof/yard space to go off grid.
This is contradictory- it sounds like you need a gridtied system, because you can’t go off grid, but you are saying you can’t do either.

This is contradictory- it sounds like you need a gridtied system, because you can’t go off grid, but you are saying you can’t do either.
Presumably, OP is not looking for net-metering (back-feeding or selling back to the grid), but will utilize AC input from the grid to the inverter for grid assist / bypass / etc.

Back