diy solar

diy solar

Choosing right grid inverter

Henk1122

Hi,

I'm going to install two solar panels on my shed, which has a flat roof with a tiny bit of slope in it (10 degrees). One of the panels can be partly shaded with sunrise and sun going down over my house, but overall it has no object creating shade.

Due the size limitations of the shed the best would be to fit two large panels. I'm going to choose those ones:

https://www.axitecsolar.com/sites/d...pdf/DB_132zlg_bipremium XQ HC MT_MiA_EN_3.pdf which are 660wp each.

Initially I opted to choose for a microinverter. However, it seems that those microinverters are quite limited to the amount of power they can deliver.
The best I could find is a hoymiles hms-1000-2t, which has 2*16a mppt tracking (which is somehow limited to 500w according sales, is this true?) and a total power output of 1000w. The advantage is that it has inidivdual mppt tracking and a low mppt start voltage. The disadvantages is that it cannot output the peak power production of the panels (which I doubt I'm gonna make anyways when laying them flat).
I also was thinking of going for the Hoymiles-2000-4t and only connect two panels, but it still seems that the inverter will be limited to 500w per mppt still (according sales)

Another option is going for a string coverter, where I'm doubting between a
GW1000-XS-11 (lower MPPT start voltage) or a GW1500-XS-11 (more overal power). However, here the maximum input power on the MPPT is only 15a when the panels can deliver 17.5. This means a total of maximum 15×37,8=567w

So I'm really not sure what inverter I need to get.

Now reading the manual again of Hoymiles which states as followed:

"The output DC power of PV module shall not exceed 1.35 times of the output AC power of the microinverter.
Refer to “Hoymiles Warranty Terms & Conditions” for more information."

So there I would read that the mppt is not limited to 500w per channel? Otherwise this wouldn't make any sense? In that case I would rather go for a hms-2000t , so i have theoretical power of 16*37.8=604w

Im still confused sales said it was limited to 500w per mppt because its nowhere stated.

Back