diy solar

diy solar

Combine hybrid Foxess H3 with a dumb one (like Foxess G3)

merkatorix

How do you prohibit the unnecessary use of the battery when an intelligent hybrid inverter and a dumb ordinary one power your house?

Some months ago, I phoned the Foxess support, and they told me that their inverters mustn't know each other (and the G3 needs its own Chint power meter).
1678357517927.png
When the conditions are perfect, the H3 might power the whole house and exess power is sent to the battery to improve the private consumption of the power, while the G3 sends its power to the grid.
However, what happens, if the consumption of the home load is bigger than the power of the H3, but still smaller than the overall production of H3+G3.
As far as I understand that constellation, the H3 would optimize the pvirate consumption (for the part it sees from its meter) and it would take power from the battery, while the G3 still pushes its power into the grid (aslong the PV+Battery power of the H3 is sufficient).
1678357727359.png
Wouldn't it be possible to move the meter for the H3, so the H3 could see the production of the G3? In that case the Home Load would look a lot smaller and it would not draw power from the battery, but it would push power to the battery.
Everyone told me, that the G3 couldn't help charging the battery, but in the end, it would help charging the battery.

1678357963717.png
I don't see a problem there, as long the power consumption of the home load is higher than the production of the G3. I'm not sure, how the H3 would react to power just materializing within the home. But what would happen then? Right now, it looks only like a software problem to me, which might just ocurr in that particular moment. But does it? Has someone tried a similar constellation? I am sure that similar constellations of an intelligent inverter and a dumb inverter, which don't communicate which each other can occurr independent of the manufacturer (as long they don#t communicate).

To test that constellation I would only have to move the current clamps of the meter for the H3, there is no need to actually rewire something, is it?

Back