diy solar

diy solar

Connect EG4 6500W inverters directly to bus bars in EG4 Enclosed battery rack?

Antvette

I've ordered my system and about to build it once all the items have been delivered. I've seen Signature Solar's test setup on their YouTube channel with dual inverters inside a server rack. I have a rather tight space that my system in going into and was wondering if I could just connect the inverters to the 48V breakers and then directly to the bus bars in the battery rack. I figure I could but thought I would ask just in case I'm missing something. I figured I would have to keep the wire lengths the same on both the red and black cables. I'd use 2/0 wires. Thanks.

I've ordered my system and about to build it once all the items have been delivered. I've seen Signature Solar's test setup on their YouTube channel with dual inverters inside a server rack. I have a rather tight space that my system in going into and was wondering if I could just connect the inverters to the 48V breakers and then directly to the bus bars in the battery rack. I figure I could but thought I would ask just in case I'm missing something. I figured I would have to keep the wire lengths the same on both the red and black cables. I'd use 2/0 wires. Thanks.
Yes to all except for wire lengths.
Positive and negative don't have to be the same length. Only the parallel battery cables to both inverters. So that the voltage drop is the same. The inverters have to receive the same voltage from the battery. And it's round trip length. So one inverter can have a 3' Positive and a 2' negative. And the other inverter can have a 2' Positive and a 3' negative.

Back