diy solar

diy solar

Costco has Ecoflow listed again!

PedXing

I've been lurking here for a while, reading about various projects that people have going. In the interest of "family acceptance" I decided to go with the Ecoflow Delta Pro, since I need a part-time solar setup and can't install permanent panels. I really wanted a home backup solution.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that Costco just listed the Ecoflow range again on their site! They have the River Pro, Delta Mini, Delta Max, and Delta Pro in kits with and without solar panels. I bought the Delta Pro kit at $2,899.99, which comes with the EV adapter and remote control. The 400W portable solar panel adds $800, which probably isn't worth it, but is still cheaper than the list price for the Delta Pro.

Once these arrive I plan to be a little more active here to pay y'all back for the info I've gotten from this forum so far!

Did you find information about the Max DC voltage and Amp input for the PV inverter?
I currently have a new Delta Max 2k I am operpanelling at 300% to prove one way or the other if the input wattage matters. It's finally calling for 5hrs of sun tomorrow so we're gonna find out! :D

Reactions: Tym
I've been lurking here for a while, reading about various projects that people have going. In the interest of "family acceptance" I decided to go with the Ecoflow Delta Pro, since I need a part-time solar setup and can't install permanent panels. I really wanted a home backup solution.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that Costco just listed the Ecoflow range again on their site! They have the River Pro, Delta Mini, Delta Max, and Delta Pro in kits with and without solar panels. I bought the Delta Pro kit at $2,899.99, which comes with the EV adapter and remote control. The 400W portable solar panel adds $800, which probably isn't worth it, but is still cheaper than the list price for the Delta Pro.

Once these arrive I plan to be a little more active here to pay y'all back for the info I've gotten from this forum so far!
I was looking at this today. Please let me know how you made out with your purchase. Any issues? Quality? Shipping? Manufacture date of the unit you received?
Thanks!!

I currently have a new Delta Max 2k I am operpanelling at 300% to prove one way or the other if the input wattage matters. It's finally calling for 5hrs of sun tomorrow so we're gonna find out! :D
I too am overpaneling and not concerned about amps as the EFDP will only take in as much as it needs. Too much math in this forum going on. I prefer to just buy more panels than I need and let the Pro do its process. I have 9 Bougerv 180w panels sitting flat. Not mounted. Added 3 more yesterday but not connected yet. Potential of 2,160w but I know they won’t produce that much due to laying flat. No problem. Hoping the 12 panels will produce 1,300w in March in Florida. Summer time may produce 1,600w.

Update, we're in week 4 and all has been fine. If I hadn't overpaneled I likely would have sent this back, but it works for our VERY modest needs.

Update, we're in week 4 and all has been fine. If I hadn't overpaneled I likely would have sent this back, but it works for our VERY modest needs.
Do you have the panels tilted towards the sun?

LOL. I call BS:
"Supports EV Charging from 0-100% in 1.7 Hours"

1679677111547.png

3,600Wh of capacity

Math is hard.

They are talking about charging the EcoFlow at an EV charging station with a J1662 plug. Instead of charging a car, you charge the EcoFlow.

If you’re camping and ran out of power, go charge up at an EV station.
Ahh.. that makes a LOT more sense. Interesting feature. I poked around and didn't get it!

trying to decide if i want to order the just put on sale costco delta pro with the 400w panel or not. they add $600 to the price for it, so based on pricing i’ve seen for the ecoflow 400w panel alone ($999), the value appears to be there. but is there a better more bang for the buck comparable style option out there, around the 400w size? new at this, so i appreciate the suggestions and your reasons why. my use for the dp is as a backup if the power goes out. it will likely not be used on a daily/weekly basis.

It is an odd size output to battery size...
4 20A outlets, and one 30A rv socket...
3600Wh capacity
1200W solar input ability.
Idk, a 100Ah battery @48v and a 6000W all in one gives FAR more options and runtime... for less money.

It is an odd size output to battery size...
4 20A outlets, and one 30A rv socket...
3600Wh capacity
1200W solar input ability.
Idk, a 100Ah battery @48v and a 6000W all in one gives FAR more options and runtime... for less money.
not sure what items you are suggesting. i’m new at this. getting a battery and 6000 watt all in one what? could you post model suggestions and maybe links to them?

not sure what items you are suggesting. i’m new at this. getting a battery and 6000 watt all in one what? could you post model suggestions and maybe links to them?
Oh, they are linked with such in the solar products and schematics link at the top of the forum page.

Attachments

• 26F3CE43-A54A-4CDE-924C-B30081E51811.png
    26F3CE43-A54A-4CDE-924C-B30081E51811.png
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • CEDD56FE-50A9-4057-B636-57B160F0185F.png
    CEDD56FE-50A9-4057-B636-57B160F0185F.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
other then the 240 volt option, what are the main reasons people go with 2 delta pros, OR 1 delta pro w/extra battery? we’re just looking to have a backup for power outages. if it lasts for for more then a day or two (rare up to this point), we’d likely recharge with our gas generator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tym
Oh, they are linked with such in the solar products and schematics link at the top of the forum page.
we have limited sun available under a ton of trees. i’m guessing these alternatives aren’t a good option for that reason?

diy solar

diy solar
Back