diy solar

diy solar

covering solar for winter

mhjackson123

I have just installed a 190W gopower system on my 14 ft TT and am planning to put it in winter storage until next April.
Is there anything special I should do in terms of the solar system when I cover the trailer?
I have a pair of AGM 6V batteries, that I assume I should keep at home and charge occasionally.

I have just installed a 190W gopower system on my 14 ft TT and am planning to put it in winter storage until next April.
Is there anything special I should do in terms of the solar system when I cover the trailer?
I have a pair of AGM 6V batteries, that I assume I should keep at home and charge occasionally.

Yea you've got it , the batteries are the only thing you really need to worry about

You could leave the batteries in the trailer and use the solar panel to keep the battery charged.

Some gotchas you may have that I don’t is snow may stop the charging, and also keeping under cover.

Depending on the setup of the batteries, I always balance wear and tear and possible breakage against the benefits of removing the batteries and storing in the house.

Thanks, so the solar can remain connected under cover to the controller etc until spring hook up?
This could possibly cause issues with your MPPT

You should always disconnect solar PV power from mppt BEFORE disconnecting battery

Mppt unit runs on battery power, not on solar

Back