diy solar

diy solar

Current Canadian Pricing for DIY?

bedpan

Hey folks...
Looking at some batteries for my trailer. I am currently using 3 x 100AH Renogy LiFePO4 that are borrowed when we are camping. I need to replace these with my own.

I am getting a used Multiplus 12 - 2000 80-50 next week to replace some old crappy inverters I have been using.

Anyone have any current pricing on Cells and BMS in Canada? Just wondering how it would price out vs plug and play..

I can get 2 x 200AH (plus - 200A BMS) Powerqueens to my door for $2,124.38 (cad or $1062 per battery). Is there much savings these days in DIY?

Side note.. The price for the powerqueen does not include the 3% off coupon that they give out. Also there is often a 10% off coupon.
Looks like liTime ships direct now to. They are just slightly more.

Very few low prices in Canada from my looking. DIY can be a little less expensive DEPENDING on how much you spend of the savings on tools required to do the build. Buying from USA or China also incurs Customs Brokerage fees unless you know how and can do the broker work to get the items through customs. There is no duty but you would have to pay federal and provincial taxes and those depend on what the seller values the shipment at. A too low value may get flagged at the border or you might get away with it. Also, shipping varies depending on locations and the type and speed of the shipment.

This is the lowest reputable battery and BMS value that I've been able to find in Canada. I would take this over a Power Queen. To do it yourself MIGHT save a couple of hundred dollars or a bit more IF you didn't buy too expensive DC power supply and capacity testers for the DIY build, as this fellow top balances, tests and assembles the BMS to work for that savings. Lithium Battery from Alberta

Very few low prices in Canada from my looking. DIY can be a little less expensive DEPENDING on how much you spend of the savings on tools required to do the build. Buying from USA or China also incurs Customs Brokerage fees unless you know how and can do the broker work to get the items through customs. There is no duty but you would have to pay federal and provincial taxes and those depend on what the seller values the shipment at. A too low value may get flagged at the border or you might get away with it. Also, shipping varies depending on locations and the type and speed of the shipment.

This is the lowest reputable battery and BMS value that I've been able to find in Canada. I would take this over a Power Queen. To do it yourself MIGHT save a couple of hundred dollars or a bit more IF you didn't buy too expensive DC power supply and capacity testers for the DIY build, as this fellow top balances, tests and assembles the BMS to work for that savings. Lithium Battery from Alberta
Thanks for the reply..

Tool wise I'm in pretty good shape. If I don't have it I generally don't mind buying stuff I can use again. I will have my multiplus next week which charges at 80A and I also have a 20A AC charger as well.

Looking at the Kijiji Ad you linked. It looks like he is making a decent pack. Well built or at least look that way. If I were closer it might be worth while but with a 40 hr drive its just not feesable.
His price is 12v $1350 3.5 Kwh which is close to a 300AH battery.
A Litime 300AH in Canada is $1339+tx= $1515 with tax..

Anyone ordering cells in Canada?

Current Canadian Pricing?

Have it shipped to a border town in the US and grab it from there.

Back