diy solar

diy solar

Off grid battery charger for DIY LiFePO4 battery with the new EG4 6000xp

Living Free

I’ve had a few smaller solar systems over the years and I’m upgrading my current system. I just recently bought the new EG4 6000xp for my off grid system. I currently have a 14Kh DIY LifePO4 battery system which I am upgrading to a 28Kwh system. I live on the east coast and one of my bigger problems is cloudy/rainy days which can last 3-5 days or more. This kills my batteries. With the upgrade in a larger battery storage and I am also expanding my solar panels (the cheapest way to gain more charging power is panels 1st).

With that said, I am looking for a faster way to charge up the new 28Khw batteries on cloudy days. My understanding is the 6000xp will not be able to talk to my DIY Batteries so it will not know the state of charge my batteries are in, making it really not chargeable even from the grid, directly from this invertor. I still have to figure out what I can do about that. I was thinking of getting a standalone charger for these batteries on cloudy days. I want to be able to use this charger either off the grid or by a gas generator (really want to change to propone and gas generator). For the new charger, I was debating between something like the AIMS Power CON120AC3648VDC AC Converter & Battery Smart Charger 36V or 48V 25 amps OR EG4 Chargeverter 48v 100a battery charger. Any suggestions?

The 600XP should be able to handle charging from the grid no problem. Just run your batteries in user mode.
I currently charging from the grid and solar with my SRNE ASF with my diy in user mode. (that wonderful east coast weather...)

You'll still want redundant charging if the grid goes down, you should by able to charge from a suitable generator connected to the Lux Power as well.

The chargeverter seems to be a great option or you could build your own charger with some Emerson R48-3000e3 rectifiers...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231209-095141.jpg
    Screenshot_20231209-095141.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 4
Back