diy solar

diy solar

Daddy's Barn [Outback FlexPower One (VFXR3524A-01) Battle Born BBGC2H]

31ectr0nicb0b

1696866936033.png

My kids and I are building a barn since the pandemic and its at a stage where its ready for some power. I'll be getting a standing seam metal roof installed soon so I need to address the PV DC input and array size.

I am planning on doing a series-parallel connection for [4] 24V banks with 100Ah capacity each using the batteries listed below. This should equate to [4] 24V banks with 400Ah total.

This is what I have so far (everything comes bundled and mounted as seen in pic above):

This is a link to a quick start guide of the entire system:

Last edited:
My main questions:

• What is the best way to wire the series-parallel using the shortest cabling as possible for the batteries above?
    • Will attach image of my drawing soon
  • Need help identifying PV array size
    • Will attach image of how I calculate the PV array size and hopefully someone will throw stones at it
  • Need help identifying a type of PV RSS
    • Does each panel require a RSS device which are daisy chained together?

I am showing the top down view of 4 out of the [8] BBGC2H batteries and this is how I think is the best way to series-parallel the batteries using the least amount of cabling and most efficient.
  • Using 1/0 size, I need to double the voltage to 24V so the yellow vertical lines between the + and - depict the series connection between 2 batteries making this a 24V bank
  • The yellow/blue connection from the + to + depict the parallel connection between the 24V banks and then it moves off the page onto the next 24V bank, that should be total of [4] 24V banks. Some say to keep the number of banks as minimum as possible, to avoid having the various bank discharge and charge and different rates, but this is what I have to play with.
  • Is this done correct? Also, where would the main connection to the charge controller come off? I'm confused about that.

sp1.jpg

Last edited:
Back