diy solar

diy solar

Daly 100A misbehaving.

Wayno

I have a 100AH battery and it has behaved quite well - the DALY SOC and current readings in the app seemed close enough and at any rate, it was regularly charged so it never got too far from reality. Earlier this year, when the software was updated from the app store I suffered the loss of all the data within the app.
I reset the BMS and moved to the SBT version as most people probably done and everything was again fine.
Today, I stupidly thought that I would try the again updted version as I assumed the bug would have been corrected and I could use the SMART BMS app again. Nope - it still bricked my communication.
I went through the reset process and then the SOC was out by a mile. I tried to set the SOC to where I knew it was but the app just wouldnt change the value.
I ended up doing a reset to factory for reasons I really don't understand myself and then needed to set the battery rated capacity. This is where things got screwy.
Any value up to 65AH inputs fine but from there upwards, I get random values that are not related to what I enter.
If I type in 100, the parameter is 34.4AH, if I put in 90 - I get 24.4AH.
I thought I can fool this, i put in 200 - I get 3.3AH. 300 gets me 37.8AH
Each time the SOC changes as well - but I can't set that manually.
What the hell is going on with this thing??

Hope you get it figured out. I have always been reluctant to update a fully functioning (enter item to update). Too many things to go awry in the update process. I did do my Midnite Solar Classic charge controller once and I was terrified I would brick my $700.00 investment.

I have managed to get connected to the PC and change the capacity to 100Ah.
For so long this Daly seemed to do the job fine but I’m starting to realize why everyone hates them ?
Still didn’t manage to Sinowealth to connect but could make the changes I needed via PCMaster.

I have managed to get connected to the PC and change the capacity to 100Ah.
For so long this Daly seemed to do the job fine but I’m starting to realize why everyone hates them ?
Still didn’t manage to Sinowealth to connect but could make the changes I needed via PCMaster.
I have a 250 amp 24 volt Daly "dumb" BMS As far as I know it's working fine. Being as I cant see any data from it I guess I wouldn't know about a problem till it shut down and then still may not know why. Isn't there a saying that goes "Ignorance is bliss"?Look it up in the dictionary and there's probably a picture of me alongside. ? I do have a 5 amp active balancer wired into the mix which might save my bank.

For some context, JBD doesn't provide any support for updating the firmware in their BMS. At least they didn't a year ago.

Back