diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS? Has anybody ever been able to get information from this company?

carlos1w

Lego Man
Overall, they appear to be a decent product for the price according to Will's reviews (except for the low-T cut-off). However, the experience with them is a complete mess. Their AliBaba and AliExpress pages mix together a bunch of products in each page with no clear description (and sometimes misleading) information.

1. Their corporate website has NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER about the products they sell (even less than AB or AE).
  2. There is no specs, no datasheets, no manuals for download (I am not talking about the communication software, but the characteristics of the bms).
  3. The specs listed in the AE say "overcharge detect 3.75±0.025" OUCH, it can even be 3.78 V! At that point you have a very high chance of damaging a LiFePO4 cell...
  4. And "Over discharge detect voltage 2.2±0.05" which is rather rather low (though I am less worried about overdischarge since this is easier to manage on the load end).
I emailed "Kevin-DalyBMS <sales1@dalyelec.com>" and he immediately responded with a couple of "we can add low-T protection" but when I asked what the SEPARATE PORT CHARGE CURRENT was and asked for specs/manuals for 3 BMS units... the communication ended (even though he had said he'd send this info if I told the models). No more information.

Not pleased, and will not buy unless I get the info. I really don't understand why a company that sells stuff wouldn't want to have the specs available so people can avoid commin

This message will be edited to reflect updates...

Separate and Common ports 100 A 4s BMS.

I am puzzled by the following:

Charge Voltage 14.6 V (i.e., 3.65 V per cell, high in my view but considered acceptable).
Overcharge detect voltage 3.75±0.05 V OUCH, it can even be 3.8 V! That is not good at all.
Over discharge detect voltage 2.2±0.05 V. Could be as low as 2.15 V. Again, not good, should not be lower than 2.50 V.
Charge temperature protection: NO (even though on other communications two people at Daly claimed -7C and 0C).

Ideally I'd like to set: Overcharge at 3.50 V, Overdischarge at 2.80 V and low-T cut off at 0 C.

Attachments

• DL-J05A-F04S100AFJ-MM00--SEPARATE.pdf
    766.5 KB · Views: 75
  • DL-J05A-F04S100ATJ-MM00--COMMON.pdf
    701.4 KB · Views: 57
The high voltage cutoff of 3.75 volts ±0.05 is ok by me.
However the low voltage cutoff of 2.2 volts ±0.1 is not even remotely useful.
I would love to hear the rationale behind that choice.

It seems the Daly BMS are a safeguard or backup to the rest of the system. I use all Victron, so it self monitors and has it's own cut offs before the Daly product. Let me know if you get different results.
2.2 volts is not safeguarding anything.
That is closing the gate after the horse got out... and died. :(

Mine was from the MFG site. I would start there.
This is directly from the datasheets I received from them (see my other thread):
Overcharge detect voltage 3.75±0.05 V OUCH, it can even be 3.8 V! That is not good at all.
Over discharge detect voltage 2.2±0.05 V. Could be as low as 2.15 V. Again, not good, should not be lower than 2.50 V.
Charge temperature protection: NO (even though on other communications two people at Daly claimed -7C and 0C).

This is directly from the datasheets I received from them (see my other thread):

This link confirms your numbers https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001052946588.html
so does this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891427621.html
as does this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32921974450.htm

2.2 volts is not safeguarding anything.
That is closing the gate after the horse got out... and died. :(

I can understand why Daly would choose a wide cycle bandwidth considering that their BMS is non-configurable. A wider bandwidth will screw with the least peoples system design.

I think the 3.75V +/-0.05 is within the realm of reasonable, considering that the BMS is the second line of defense and in normal conditions it will be the charge controller not the BMS that defines the upper voltage. I admittedly don't know a ton about how quickly and at what voltage meaningful damage begins to occur, but I have the impression that 3.65-3.8+ would shorten the lifespan of your cells if consistently charged to, but since the BMS doesn't define end of charge normally, I suspect little significant damage would occur if this voltage is reached 1 or 2 dozen times over a few thousand cycles.

Regarding the low voltage cutoff, I agree 2.2v +/-0.05 seems much too low for comfort or for practicality. I don't understand why they would choose such a low voltage cutoff. Somewhere around 2.5v to 2.8v would still give a very wide bandwidth.

This is actually the first time I've heard that Daly's LVD is so low. I could swear that in the past it was 2.5V

Whats the difference between Discharge detect(2.2) and Dishcharge Volt release(2.7) on the specs sheet ???

I'm looking at the specs for this Daly BMS, looks like disconnect voltage is 2.8V and reconnect is 3.0V

Based on what I've seen (different specs, and also the fact that they will custom program BMS' for a fee) makes me think that they may sell different BMS with different voltage limits configured. Might be worth shopping around, or reaching out to the sales rep.

Maybe because discharge is usually thru an inverter and inverters usually have low discharge cutoff (9.5++) to not damage batteries, however charging is not thru inverters.

I'm looking at the specs for this Daly BMS, looks like disconnect voltage is 2.8V and reconnect is 3.0V

Based on what I've seen (different specs, and also the fact that they will custom program BMS' for a fee) makes me think that they may sell different BMS with different voltage limits configured. Might be worth shopping around, or reaching out to the sales rep.

This page https://dalyelec.en.made-in-china.c...BMS-with-Canbus-Communication-Canbus-BMS.html shows the lifepo4 lvd as 2.5 volts.

LiFepo4 can use lead-acid speed charger cutoff 14.2, and most Inverters cutoff is 11V, so the only use for BMS is to balance(apparently only at 3.6v), and protect from surges. LiFepo4 balancing more important due chemistry.

LiFepo4 can use lead-acid speed charger cutoff 14.2, and most Inverters cutoff is 11V, so the only use for BMS is to balance(apparently only at 3.6v), and protect from surges, me thinks
11 volts = 2.75 per cell is too low for my taste.
I don't want to draw my cells that far down into the knee.

Back