diy solar

diy solar

Daly BMS Settings

I am putting my Daly 250a BMS in my class C coach. I currently have an overkill one in and it works great. Shows me 100% battery which is inline with my solar controller and my shunt. I also have a fault alarm 1 that will not clear. It says charge overcurrent level 2 which is nuts as I am not charging. It may be a setting issue as my SOC says I am at 67% charge. Another odd thing is the BMS will not let the battery charge unless it is discharging. I am going to include screen shots and hopefully somebody can spot what is throwing me off.

Attachments

• IMG_4186.PNG
    IMG_4186.PNG
    327.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4187.PNG
    IMG_4187.PNG
    245.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4188.PNG
    IMG_4188.PNG
    242.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4189.PNG
    IMG_4189.PNG
    213.4 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4190.PNG
    IMG_4190.PNG
    233.1 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4191.PNG
    IMG_4191.PNG
    237.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_4192.PNG
    IMG_4192.PNG
    323 KB · Views: 185
In the last picture, it is showing a -142A charge current and 1.7kW, which are consistent. Does it have some sort of zero current calibration function?

Sorry thats my fault. That is my microwave running. I was trying to show it accurately displays power consumption. I might be missing a screen shot also cause I know I have one showing my 560ah battery setting.

Ah. I see the first one shows both the fault and 0kW. No idea. Triple check the connections. If they're all good, defective?

Good connections as i am using the same wire harness that was used on my overkill bms. They are the daly wires that came with the unit and are interchangeable making an emergency swap out easy. However, I may have found an error. My charge overcurrent is set to 0. Still not sure why the SOC shows 66% when the batteries are approximately 90% but that could be math on my part.

Yep. Right there in one of the pics. I missed it too. Might be based simply on a voltage snapshot, and it hasn't reset due to the lack of current flow.

I changed it to 100 amps. Reset the BMS and tested the system a few times over 15 minutes. It was definately an issue. I will test some more in the morning. Thanks for your help snoobler.

This is the missing screen shot. Not sure if I have an error here causing my SOC to display 65% or what? The overkill app shows you what amp your reading vs your battery size. I am not seeing this on the Daly system so I am not sure exactly what amps the daly bms is reading.

Attachments

• IMG_4193.PNG
    IMG_4193.PNG
    238.3 KB · Views: 109
Maybe 65% is a default, and you have to set it to 100% when fully charged?

Maybe 65% is a default, and you have to set it to 100% when fully charged?
I tried to change that 65% and it does not work. If I change my battery ah then it changes. My overkill bms gives ah at 537.06 of 560 so SOC shows 96%. Everyones video I watch goes straight to 100% so its got to be a setting I am missing somewhere. I am going to charge the batteries today and do some testing. I will go through my screen shots again.

did you solve this?
are you running 12v or 24v?
Yes. My overcurrent was set to zero causing it to fault immediately while charging. Then I charged my batteries with solar for a few hours. I am not sure if it needed time to calibrate or if it is more accurate than the other bms I was using but its all good now. Thanks.

Yep. Right there in one of the pics. I missed it too. Might be based simply on a voltage snapshot, and it hasn't reset due to the lack of current flow.
Maybe I can get some help here too with my daly 16s 100a smart bms.
I initially got it hooked up and saw the soc say 50% so I thought that was it until I saw the setting to change it to whatever. I'm guessing you supposed to fully charge a bank then put it to 100%?
Issue I'm having is I don't know what I'm at now soc wise.
I have no pv hooked up yet, just ac charging through eco worthy 3500 hybrid. Voltage on app, inverter and multimeter is 53.5 and that's where it stays. Am I good and charged or is there more? The charger wont charge anymore or at least that I can figure out how to make it. None of my cells are close to the 3.65 limit I set in the app. I'm pretty sure it's the inverter dialing back the current because it thinks the bank is charged. But I can't be sure. The charger will cycle on and off every minute or so charging with 3a to 6a to 40a for 30 seconds maybe. It seems like its in float mode but should a 48v bank be that low?
I am just looking to charge this up full then set my soc on the app.
Appreciate any help.

I know more people on here have fantastic experience but if you have 16 cells using 3.6v you should get 57.6v. If everything using to measure your voltage agrees, I am going to say some setting somewhere is holding you out. For me it was the charge overcurrent protect was set at 0 by default. This means nothing into the bms. Look on your protection parameter screen and set that to 100. You will hopefully be good to go.

I know more people on here have fantastic experience but if you have 16 cells using 3.6v you should get 57.6v. If everything using to measure your voltage agrees, I am going to say some setting somewhere is holding you out. For me it was the charge overcurrent protect was set at 0 by default. This means nothing into the bms. Look on your protection parameter screen and set that to 100. You will hopefully be good to go.
Yeah definitely something with the bms I have 57 volts going in and only 53 or so coming out.

The charge over current protection is set as zero. So zero is overcharge

I am putting my Daly 250a BMS in my class C coach. I currently have an overkill one in and it works great. Shows me 100% battery which is inline with my solar controller and my shunt. I also have a fault alarm 1 that will not clear. It says charge overcurrent level 2 which is nuts as I am not charging. It may be a setting issue as my SOC says I am at 67% charge. Another odd thing is the BMS will not let the battery charge unless it is discharging. I am going to include screen shots and hopefully somebody can spot what is throwing me off.
Picture number 3 i guess. Charge over protection not supposed to be zero. Set it depending on battery cell capacity, taking in consideration bms and battery cables used and BMS max amp rated.

Back