diy solar

diy solar

DC Input Wind Controller

martychape

I purchased a maglev vertical wind turbine and have been monitoring its output for a year. Recently I decided I would like it to contribute to an existing solar PV system. Unfortunately it turns out I purchased a DC output turbine instead of the usual three wire AC output (there is a bridge rectifier inside the maglev). This has created a problem for me as most wind turbine controllers and hybrid controllers have a three terminal input connection for the the three phase AC. My question is has anyone come across a wind turbine controller that has a 2 wire DC input? If I cant find one Im proposing to use a regular solar controller and perhaps design and build my own braking system. has anyone done this? Another option is to pull the maglev down, break it open, and bypass the rectifiers.

Probably most of the wind controllers would accept DC into two of the AC inputs. The only exception would be those which use a triac for DC braking. I would contact the manufacturer before purchase. How many watts is this wind turbine?

Back