diy solar

diy solar

Dented lifepo4 batteries

robusmcs13

I've seen a few other posts about this and I'll add to the precautionary advisories.

I ordered 16 280ah lifepo4 from Nikkie at "Dongguan lighting new energy" June 9th and the batteries came in July 28th. Four of them rather dented, pics included but they look worse in person and one had a different sticker over the original. I was quoted 30-35 day shipping and I specifically asked for them to be packaged especially well for shipping to the US eastern coast.

This is the response I received:
Hi Rob ,I'm sorry that this happened, we provide you with two options, you can see if it applies to you, 1: You are responsible for the transportation costs. We send you 2 batteries for free, 2: Do your friends need to buy batteries? if so. You don't have to pay the freight. Shipment with your friend's order.

So just be aware, after reading the other posts from different sellers with similar responses, it seems they can basically send you a few beat up batteries out of your order (whether or not they were damaged pre shipping or during is hard to determine) and you have little or no recourse to get what you planned and paid for without spending more money. Possibly a credit card refund for the damaged batteries but still left with an incomplete bank.

In the end it works out pretty much the same as if I paid roughly $1600 for an 8s 24v 280ah 6.72kwh battery bank instead of a 13.44kwh bank. They look to be new but not capacity tested yet. Still cheaper than some of the more well known options but without the guarantees and protections then add in the additional shipping time.

Also I may be able to sell the 4 good ones locally in Virginia and reduce some of the investment cost. Not what I wanted but you can't win every gamble, would have been a really great deal if they hadn't been damaged.
So order with caution and potentially low expectations.

Attachments

• 20200728_131524.jpg
    20200728_131524.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200728_194919.jpg
    20200728_194919.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 20200728_105532.jpg
    20200728_105532.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200728_202047.jpg
    20200728_202047.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I ordered 16 280ah lifepo4 from Nikkie at dongguan June 9th and the batteries came in July 28th. Four of them rather dented, pics included but they look worse in person and one had a different sticker over the original.

So just be aware, after reading the other posts from different sellers with similar responses, it seems they can basically send you a few beat up batteries out of your order (whether or not they were damaged pre shipping or during is hard to determine) and you have little or no recourse to get what you planned and paid for without spending more money.
The position of the damaged batteries in the box could prove your accusations.
A pic of the open box showing the packing around the batteries would kind of show if they
could have been dented without damaging the box.
Double cardboard boxing with foam in each one is the way to pack.

Do not use. Demand replacement of the damaged cells or refund for the whole order. If they want them shipped back, demand they pay for it.

Start a paypal or credit card hold immediately.

The position of the damaged batteries in the box could prove your accusations.
A pic of the open box showing the packing around the batteries would kind of show if they could have been dented without damaging the box.
Double cardboard boxing with foam in each one is the way to pack.
Definitely wasn't doubled. I knew I was taking a chance, just wish they wanted to make it right. Seems they might be taking advantage of the fact they can get away with less than ethical business practices but everyone's gotta get paid.

Do not use. Demand replacement of the damaged cells or refund for the whole order. If they want them shipped back, demand they pay for it.
Start a paypal or credit card hold immediately.
Haha I've survived more than enough explosions already ? I think I'll heed your advice! Talking to CC company about it and hoping Dongguan comes around, its a military credit union so they are usually great about this kind of stuff.
Very disappointing, went from ecstatic at delivery to deep depression as each battery came out worse than the one before?

Just enjoy the thrill of the unknown. With China, you either get something great that's cheap, or you suffer crippling disappointment.

Dongguan lighting new energy technology co.

Would you mind posting the link? I can't find Dongguan Lighting New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.. However I was able to find Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd..

Did you file a dispute? You should be covered by Trade Assurance. Your conversation is saved on Alibaba and since you requested extra packaging and the cells were not packed with any extra packaging that should help your case.

Would you mind posting the link? I can't find Dongguan Lighting New Energy Technology Co., Ltd.. However I was able to find Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd..

Did you file a dispute? You should be covered by Trade Assurance. Your conversation is saved on Alibaba and since you requested extra packaging and the cells were not packed with any extra packaging that should help your case.
My mistake, it definitely is lightning. I've read that trade assurance almost always backs the seller so I haven't because I don't want to take the chance that it will conflict with a Credit Card claim

I've seen a few other posts about this and I'll add to the precautionary advisories.

I ordered 16 280ah lifepo4 from Nikkie at "Dongguan lighting new energy" June 9th and the batteries came in July 28th. Four of them rather dented, pics included but they look worse in person and one had a different sticker over the original. I was quoted 30-35 day shipping and I specifically asked for them to be packaged especially well for shipping to the US eastern coast.

This is the response I received:
Hi Rob ,I'm sorry that this happened, we provide you with two options, you can see if it applies to you, 1: You are responsible for the transportation costs. We send you 2 batteries for free, 2: Do your friends need to buy batteries? if so. You don't have to pay the freight. Shipment with your friend's order.

So just be aware, after reading the other posts from different sellers with similar responses, it seems they can basically send you a few beat up batteries out of your order (whether or not they were damaged pre shipping or during is hard to determine) and you have little or no recourse to get what you planned and paid for without spending more money. Possibly a credit card refund for the damaged batteries but still left with an incomplete bank.

In the end it works out pretty much the same as if I paid roughly $1600 for an 8s 24v 280ah 6.72kwh battery bank instead of a 13.44kwh bank. They look to be new but not capacity tested yet. Still cheaper than some of the more well known options but without the guarantees and protections then add in the additional shipping time.

Also I may be able to sell the 4 good ones locally in Virginia and reduce some of the investment cost. Not what I wanted but you can't win every gamble, would have been a really great deal if they hadn't been damaged.
So order with caution and potentially low expectations.
Looking at the boxes in your pic, I see the left box is badly crumpled on the lower right edge. I’m guessing the damaged cells came from that box? Ups etc, trucking can be brutal to heavy items... and packaging is crucial...

I’m out $1500 because an eBay seller didn’t pack an aims ups well, and it got destroyed... eBay and PayPal are “communicating” with the seller, but I still don’t have my ups, or my refund... since may...

Looking at the boxes in your pic, I see the left box is badly crumpled on the lower right edge. I’m guessing the damaged cells came from that box? Ups etc, trucking can be brutal to heavy items... and packaging is crucial...

I’m out $1500 because an eBay seller didn’t pack an aims ups well, and it got destroyed... eBay and PayPal are “communicating” with the seller, but I still don’t have my ups, or my refund... since may...
That's ridiculous! ebay and PayPal have really deteriorated, especially since they started charging taxes and stopped doing good discount codes. Hope it works out for ya. Maybe a BBB complaint might get them moving?

Back