diy solar

diy solar

Design validation and feedback

rpatel18

Hey All,

I'm looking to build a decent battery backup for emergency situations when we have power outages. I'm looking to wire this to my main panel via a generator interlock kit so I can power both sides of the main panel. I've spec'd out wattage and amp needs to come up with the capacity and inverter size based on data I've collected over the last 10 months via our Emporia Vue system. I've essentially built for peak wattage and amps pulled from my main coming into the panel and calculated kWh based usage patterns of various circuits we'd use (like the Fridge) and ones that we wouldn't use (like the dryer). I'm looking to setup a system like the diagram below but this is my first time doing something like this so want to make sure I'm on the right track, first time drawing something like this so hopefully this helps!

One thing I do need help with though is how would the battery charge connect to the battery rack? Can I just connect it to the bus bar at any place or would it be better to connect them to the a specific point?

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 2.20.36 PM.png

Can I just connect it to the bus bar at any place or would it be better to connect them to the a specific point?
I don’t know that equipment, but I believe that those have a busbar, and there really isn’t any other connection than the cables to your growstt

ah I should have called that out... I'm looking to get a EG4 3 slot battery rack that has built in bus bars and was going to wire it to that...

I think I may need to wire the battery charger to the battery bank like this to achieve "balanced" charging?

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 8.12.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Back