diy solar

diy solar

Deye 12KW Custom Install with Rectifier

How much DC current will Deye inverter pull to transform and serve this AC load of 7KW.

• Unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unlimited

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VictTre

I have 12KW Deye hybrid inverter. I want to connect it to a rectifier not a battery and transform DC to AC for my load.
Total load is 7KW.
Issue I have is that the circuit breaker from rectifier is 63A and can supply voltage if 48V.
Please will I need to replace circuit breaker to higher rating or does it use around 60A, then transform DC to AC(higher power consumption)
How much DC current input rating will Deye inverter pull to transform and server this load.

7kW will require 146Amps at 48Volts. Actually a bit more current would be required after taking into account losses.

The rectifier, is the 63A circuit breaker on the input or output side? What is the input voltage of the rectifier?
Watts In = Watts and Volts x Amps = Watts so to get equivalent Watts to balance the equation, either Amps or Volts have to increase to compensate for lower Amps or Volts on the other side of the equation.

7kW will require 146Amps at 48Volts. Actually a bit more current would be required after taking into account losses.

The rectifier, is the 63A circuit breaker on the input or output side? What is the input voltage of the rectifier?
Watts In = Watts and Volts x Amps = Watts so to get equivalent Watts to balance the equation, either Amps or Volts have to increase to compensate for lower Amps or Volts on the other side of the equation.
Hi, Thank you for reply. rectifier has panel board of circuit breakers. One of them is 63A breaker is between rectifier and inverter input. voltage from rectifier is 48V. We want to confirm if 63A breaker is too small or adequate for the power it might pull to transform to AC and serve 7kw load.

Attachments

• Power Design.pdf
    139.9 KB · Views: 8
So the breaker is on the output (48V) side of the rectifier. Per my post above it is very much undersized. Assuming the breaker can supply 100% of its rated capacity of 63A the math is as follows. 48V x 63A = 3,024Watts. This is less than half of the 7kW load.

Other considerations:
1) How much ripple is in the DC from the rectifier? Is it "clean" enough for the Inverter. If the rectifier is connected to a 3 phase source that would be much better than a single phase source.
2) Losses have to be factored in. The Deye 12kW is approx. 95% efficient per the datasheet. Input power will need to be minimum of 7.5kW which would require 156Amps at 48V. A 175A DC breaker and wiring would be required. Is the rectifier capable of supporting this much?

Hi, yes you're right, 63A would be too small
We'll have to change that circuit breaker to 175A or even 180A and change the DC cable too to handle that current required.
I'm not sure of the ripple in DC from rectifier.
Yes, the rectifier can handle 175A
We're searching for those breakers now.
Thank you, really helpful.

Back