diy solar

diy solar

Deye 12kw Hybrid 3 phase questions - Passthrough KW

milan188

Hi guys

I have a a questions on the Deye 12kw Inverter because I am getting mixed answers from various installers.

• I see the rated passthrough amps is 50amps for the Deye 12kw inverter. What does this mean?
  • What is the maximum load I can passthrough above 12kw when grid power is available. I understand when there is no grid power available the maximum I load I can push 12kw.
Thank you

Passthrough ratings are how much the unit can pass through from grid/generator.

50A * 230V = 11.5kW
50A * 240V = 12kW
Thank you.

If my load is 12kw on this inverter how much extra load can I passthrough? Is it an additional 12kw from the grid?

Also - If my load on one of the phases is 6kw, can I add more load on that phase from the grid?

Thank you.

If my load is 12kw on this inverter how much extra load can I passthrough? Is it an additional 12kw from the grid?

In most cases, you're inverting or passing through/charging. In this case, it's 12kW passed through with nothing else.

Some of the Deye ratings are a little confusing. Can this unit actually invert 12kW, or is it limited to 9kW?

If the Deye can "boost" grid with its own power, then you could add the two, but this is not a common feature. Victron has it, but I don't know for certain on others.

Also - If my load on one of the phases is 6kw, can I add more load on that phase from the grid?

Phases must be balanced. There is a small allowance for phase imbalance, but you're not getting much more than 6kW/leg.

I generated 10.4 - 10.85 kw for about 30 minutes on 25 April, with the 12kw Deye. The maximum consumption i saw was 3.5kw was the load and 7.2kw went into batteries. I was cooking on induction and baking at the same time

Back