diy solar

diy solar

DEYE Lithium mode

Janmn

I have a Deye SUN-12kw hybrid inverter connected to a Seplos batteri with BMS V2.

Which Lithium mode would be correct to use when setting up the inverter?

Deye have recommendations in their "recommended battery" document, which unfortunately does not include Seplos products.
I have used Lithium mode 12 and it seems to work. Is it correct and is there any risks?

Set the BMS to Pylon mode with the Battery monitor software and set the battery type in the Deye to 00. Works better in my experience and also recommended like this by Seplos itself.

I have a Deye SUN-12kw hybrid inverter connected to a Seplos batteri with BMS V2.

Which Lithium mode would be correct to use when setting up the inverter?

Deye have recommendations in their "recommended battery" document, which unfortunately does not include Seplos products.
I have used Lithium mode 12 and it seems to work. Is it correct and is there any risks?
The default protocol in the seplos is just fine.
make sure you set in the inverter protocol 0 and canbus
Also you make sure you make a custom utp/network cable with the correct pinouts the inverter side, as a standard cable will not work.
BMS should be connected in the BMS port in the inverter
Above is what is use

Protocol 12 is pylontech over rs485.
May even give you extra options
Could you do me a favor a tell me if you are able to see individual cell voltages in you inverter's lithium screen ?

Thanks for your answer. I did set the BMS to use the pylon/seplos protocol. I found that it worked with lithium mode 12, maybe a coincidence? What do you mean by it works better with mode 00? What does this lithium mode mean? Only the communication protocol or does it influence other settings in the inverter?

BR
Jan

Thanks for your answer. I did set the BMS to use the pylon/seplos protocol. I found that it worked with lithium mode 12, maybe a coincidence? What do you mean by it works better with mode 00? What does this lithium mode mean? Only the communication protocol or does it influence other settings in the inverter?

BR
Jan
Lithium mode enables BMS communication.
You have the choice between canbus or rs485.
I use canbus , but may want to switch to protocol 12, depending on your findings :)

To my understanding Lithium Mode 00 and 12 are both Pylon protocols but 00 is Can-Bus and 12 is Mod-Bus (RS485)

Back