diy solar

diy solar

Deye 6k PV solar panels options

denveronly

Im in a start of building a PV field with two Deye 6k Inverters and didnt brought anything, im in Europe Ukraine, sun is expected to shine 4-5 month on good basis, all other is very shady weather.
We have only Risen and Longi solar panels on market
Attached inverter specs-and solar panel specs) inverter and panel are last coloums

What and how would you advise me to build the solar field efficiently on which trackers?
Solar panels would be placed on a flat roof with a 25% angle in album mode (longest side parallel to the ground)
i was looking at a solar panel Longi Solar 540 W LR5-72HPH Mono PERC
which has 12.907A (inverter maximum is 13Amps) so this suits me. i dont think those PV amps ever happen in my angle and summer heat but i dont want anything to break.
I was thinking of connecting
MPPT 1 with 8 panels i get max 336V with 400v Voc (4320 W)
MPPT2 with 6 panels i get 252V with 300v Voc (3240W)
Which totals 7560W which is lower than 7800 inverter capable of
With our weather i expect those numbers to be 20-50% less during summer time (rains, clouds, city fog)

Can you critisize my choice please?
Should i choose any other panel, or change number of panels per MPPT, or other advices?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 12.44.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 12.44.19.png
    153.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 12.41.19.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 12.41.19.png
    524.9 KB · Views: 5
Dont worry about the watts. Do worry about the combined VoC of each PV string in series.
Your max MPPT is 425V. DO NOT go over this or magic grey smoke will appear...
I would suggest Longi 8 panels in series - 400V. This will also save you on cold days - ref. not going over the 425V as an absolute maximum...

Dont worry about the watts. Do worry about the combined VoC of each PV string in series.
Your max MPPT is 425V. DO NOT go over this or magic grey smoke will appear...
I would suggest Longi 8 panels in series - 400V. This will also save you on cold days - ref. not going over the 425V as an absolute maximum...
Thanks mate!
So should i hook MPPT1-8panels, MPPT2-8panels = 16 panels total?
this way i will be getting constant 7800 or so in cloudy days, if the sun shines bright and i exceed 7600W of the inverter would not be able just to grab right?

Can you check on my panels, are they cool choice for me, or maybe i should take a less watt less (535w or 530w)
Im still in a worry with Voc Vmp voltages, it is my first setup, i dont wanna mess it up, and then have pain
Want someone to say , that im on a right way, thats a good setup

A 6kw inverter won't produce more than the 6000 watts, over panelling the inverter will produce more energy in a day, but once the combined energy from the solar exceeds the maximum output, it will be limited to that rating.

A 6kw inverter won't produce more than the 6000 watts, over panelling the inverter will produce more energy in a day, but once the combined energy from the solar exceeds the maximum output, it will be limited to that rating.
I have two Deye 6K hooked to a large 24kWt powerbank on Li ion NMC on one Busbar
One will be PV+batt second one feeds from batt only . Thats my goal
So in discharge i will be having 2x6kwt maximum so it suits me
Im worried about MPPT overvoltages and over amperage (inverter is 13A, solar panel is nearly 12,97A) or as understood reading here, only Voc high voltage can damage, Amperage excessive can only result in clipping, and i dont think that it will happen 12.9Amps are too ideal to be

Last edited:
My chosen solar panel is Isc 12.97A and Imp is way higher 13.78 - Is there any worries about that, or i should only worry about Voc overvoltage configuring the strings ?

I made a calculation in Sol-Ark calc and used their 5k Inverter they show it as 10400W mine is lower, but the main thing here are the Panel calculations
8+8 panels and worried about Isc Min Max
the Voc Max is 453, but really i dont expect it to be that high, because my angle would be 25 degree and it could hit only in winter, well i dont think to be higher than 400
Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 20.49.01.png

Thanks mate!
So should i hook MPPT1-8panels, MPPT2-8panels = 16 panels total?
this way i will be getting constant 7800 or so in cloudy days, if the sun shines bright and i exceed 7600W of the inverter would not be able just to grab right?

Can you check on my panels, are they cool choice for me, or maybe i should take a less watt less (535w or 530w)
Im still in a worry with Voc Vmp voltages, it is my first setup, i dont wanna mess it up, and then have pain
Want someone to say , that im on a right way, thats a good setup

Longi is a good brand, I chose them myself. Using 540s here - the 5 series.
The 540s will be good. As I mentioned 8 in series PER MPPT.
The other string you connect to the second MPPT.
As I remember the layout string 1 to input one (from the left) leave no.2 open and connect the string 2 to input no.3.
Then you will have one string each on each MPPT. Doublecheck with your blue Deye manual that comes with the inverter ^^.
You mentioned 2 inverters. Are you going to have 1 string only on each inverter or 2 strings on each? You didn't say.

Longi is a good brand, I chose them myself. Using 540s here - the 5 series.
The 540s will be good. As I mentioned 8 in series PER MPPT.
The other string you connect to the second MPPT.
As I remember the layout string 1 to input one (from the left) leave no.2 open and connect the string 2 to input no.3.
Then you will have one string each on each MPPT. Doublecheck with your blue Deye manual that comes with the inverter ^^.
You mentioned 2 inverters. Are you going to have 1 string only on each inverter or 2 strings on each? You didn't say.
Im not sure how i will do that, i first wanted to start and fill one inverter with PV (2 strings) and then fill the other one with 2 strings.
But now im in concern of making my 2 inverters use a single string each, and then add the second string in future. this would be less heat production and more stable use

One more thing i discovered on a sticker my both inverters have
PV settings says 7800W max,
In the bottom line is DC input on each string not higher than 3250W which is 6500W.
What should i believe?
IMG_A9EEE46465A8-1.jpeg

I think 1 string on each inverter is ok.
As I said watts are not that important...

Back