diy solar

diy solar

Deye 8k Wiring

Lt.Dan

Solar Wizard
So I picked up a Deye 8k, and am in the planning stage for a project, but am having a problem with the wiring and AC Breaker callouts in the manual. I invite anyone to try and understand this...

Link to the manual:
Deye 8k Manual

On Page 12, it calls out the AC Breaker sizing should be 63a. But on the same page states 10ga wire. How the hell is 10ga supposed to carry 63a?? The unit is also capable of outputting 8800w (36.6a), which is still more than the 10ga wire. The unit is also capable of 50a of passthrough, (hence the 63a Breaker callout, I'm assuming.)

Page 24 calls out a 63a breaker again, but does not specify wire size.

So I figure no worries, I'll just use 6ga wire that is rated for the current correctly. Nope, can't do that either. All of the holes in the bottom of the unit are so small that even getting 10ga Romex through them is a challenge. How the hell do people with this inverter get around this? Do you drill the hole out? Or use the under-sized conductor, and a breaker WAY too large and risk the wiring catching on fire????

On mine I use both 10mm2 and 16mm2 multistrand wire without issues directly into the screwdown terminals.
I do use ferrules though also for the added "zap" protection and no risk of separating parts of the strands.
I stopped at 50A (230V) fuses but ofc. you can use 63A as suggested.
50A at 230V ends up at 11.500watts though so plenty.

Are you going to run this with 240V or splitphase 120/120?

Back