diy solar

diy solar

deye hybrid inverter - unkown item

Jade2072

I just installed a deye hybrid inverter and in the box is an item I can't find any info on. It is not described in the manual and I can't find any further info on the internet either. Presumably it is an antenna, but where to plug it in and what it is used for is not clear to me.
This is the picture of the item :

looking forward to any reactions.

View attachment 231907

I just installed a deye hybrid inverter and in the box is an item I can't find any info on. It is not described in the manual and I can't find any further info on the internet either. Presumably it is an antenna, but where to plug it in and what it is used for is not clear to me.
This is the picture of the item :

looking forward to any reactions.

View attachment 231907
Please re-attach the pic. I get an error trying to open it.
Better yet, cut-n-past the pic into the comment

If it is the WiFi antenna, there is a printed 2 page color brochure with it in the small brown box on how to install it.
You need that paper...hope it is not thrown away...
Also, the serial number and password is stickied on the that small brown box.

I sure don't recognize it.

Looking closely at the RJ45 connector, there are only two wires used.
The wiring looks like there is heat shrink over the wire.

It does not look like an antenna and I don't think there is an RJ45 port anywhere for an antenna... (I guess anything is possible but I have never seen an antenna that is connected using an RJ45 connector)

My wild guess: It is some type of loop-back test jig used on the test line at the factory.

The discription is correct, but i dong think it is a factory testing device.
The rj45 connector is sealed in order to be waterproof.
For now it remains unknown. Anny suggestions are welcome

For some reason this has my curiosity going.

What model inverter is it?

Can you tell anything about what the heat-srink is covering:

1722201498929.png

It looks like they took a cable with an RJ45 connector and 2 wires, stripped off the sheath, soldered in a component or two and covered it up with heat shrink.

Does the manual say anything about a termination plug for the networking?

Reactions: DPC
Looks like a short temp sensor. Mine is way longer cable wize plus they do not have a RJ-45 just two cable ends to put into a terminal block.
Nottu shore... ^^ :D

For some reason this has my curiosity going.

What model inverter is it?

Can you tell anything about what the heat-srink is covering:

View attachment 232056

It looks like they took a cable with an RJ45 connector and 2 wires, stripped off the sheath, soldered in a component or two and covered it up with heat shrink.

Does the manual say anything about a termination plug for the networking?
Exactly what I was thinking end of line resistor...

Post #7 probably has it right:

MODBUS cabling specs call for termination at each end of the network. Typically 120 ohms.

That may be what's inside the heat shrink. The other end is terminated inside the DEYE.

Take an ohmmeter and a couple thin pieces of wire and check between the contacts of the RJ-45 plug. See if you get that 120 - 150 somewhere.

Plugging the "pigtail" into the DEYE if you're not any external connections properly terminates the MODBUS network.

Most MODBUS stuff doesn't require this - wonder if DEYE has problems with their port?

Might be used during final test at the factory and been inadvertently left in the box during packaging.

Most MODBUS stuff doesn't require this

I am pretty sure I used to use a different colour of plug at the end of the Modbus cable ( or maybe MB+ ).
The cream coloured ones were for connections that daisy chained the grey ones were for end of the line ( last device )

I am pretty sure I used to use a different colour of plug at the end of the Modbus cable ( or maybe MB+ ).
The cream coloured ones were for connections that daisy chained the grey ones were for end of the line ( last device )

True, but don't forget we are dealing with low-ball Chinese manufactured stuff here...

They wouldn't care about that, and especially if the "pigtail" was "for internal use only".

Pretty simple to make an end of line thing if you know the technical specifications of the product they probably thought it was important if they included it.
In my College micro processor course we had to make a termination section on the mother board we etched to keep the data and address lines high or low and not floating and rining in an ambiguous state...

Yep. Awaiting the resistance reading from the OP.

That should tell us.

Since it apparently isn't mentioned in the docs, my guess is still it got left in the carton by mistake.

Remember SCSI resistor termination packs?

Honestly no
I don’t remember doing anything in a way that seemed simple.
All discrete components on bread boards and lots of wire wrapping and swearing.
I remember it all being very hard to do and that I sucked at it

Motorola 6800 and Z80 were taught when I was in school.
We had the option to use a diode matrix to put some instructions in for booting
But as I recall we had the option of using the assembler to do any of the complicated stuff on start up and Making hardware was simply optional for this that wanted extra credit

SIP resistor network that was installed on the last device on a SCSI chain. Miserable, easy to lose devices.

Thought I had some around here but couldn't find any.

Found another old-timey device though. See attached.

Brand new, kept in static rail lo these 40+ years. Spare in case I smoked the one in my Ohio Scientific C1P when I was tinkering during my "control real-world stuff via the parallel port" phase.

Attachments

• 6502.jpg
    6502.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 1

diy solar

diy solar
Back