diy solar

diy solar

Deye Inverter modbus time information

jespertp

Hi,

I'm using modbus to communicating with the Deye inverter, and that works fine.

Now i'm trying to get the inverter system time, with should be on register 62-64 acording to the manual
1704611248030.png

But reading the registers, does not provide any readable time informations.

62 gives four numbers eg. 1560
63 gives four numbers eg. 6010
64 gives five numbers eg 15046

Its like 64 is some sort of seconds because that changes for every read.

Has anyone had any luck getting the date time from the value?

I'm using an ESP32 with the ModbusMaster library...

What data type are you reading them as, if you are reading them as int16 then you need to convert them to int8 as there are 2 bytes per register.

This site will do the conversation for you as long as you know what you are reading as and what they are formatted as by Deye

So 1560 as int16 become 6 24 as int 8

6010 becomes 23 122

15046 becomes 58 198

Still not there so try other combinations.

Last edited:
Anyway, which port do you use for Modbus communication?
There is a connector called "Modebus" whcih answers for Modbus requests but only at Modbus address one which seems to be unmodifiable.

Deye told me Modbus address can be modified in latest firmware (at parallel connection setup page) but it did not seem to affect "Modebus" connector's address of 1.
(Anyway, actual address can be read using Modbus but that is a read-only value.)

What I have not tried yet but saw somewhere is to try to connect using BMS connector but that sounds a bit strange as it sometimes used as Modbus Master instead of Slave.

May you know how Modbus address could be modified?
(I already use address one in the network I would like to connect the inverter.)

Sorry for asking here but I hope you may know a bit more.
Thank you your help in advance.

The values you received look to be a bit strange... I may try it later in a hope to see more but currently communication is not connected to my system and it is a bit cold outside...
Anyway, as it should contain year / month / day / hour / minute / sec?, it would be good to know the actual time of readout and especially the actual time of the inverter screen... and a few of samples, preferred in hex form.

Anyway, which port do you use for Modbus communication?
There is a connector called "Modebus" whcih answers for Modbus requests but only at Modbus address one which seems to be unmodifiable.

Deye told me Modbus address can be modified in latest firmware (at parallel connection setup page) but it did not seem to affect "Modebus" connector's address of 1.
(Anyway, actual address can be read using Modbus but that is a read-only value.)

What I have not tried yet but saw somewhere is to try to connect using BMS connector but that sounds a bit strange as it sometimes used as Modbus Master instead of Slave.

May you know how Modbus address could be modified?
(I already use address one in the network I would like to connect the inverter.)

Sorry for asking here but I hope you may know a bit more.
Thank you your help in advance.

The values you received look to be a bit strange... I may try it later in a hope to see more but currently communication is not connected to my system and it is a bit cold outside...
Anyway, as it should contain year / month / day / hour / minute / sec?, it would be good to know the actual time of readout and especially the actual time of the inverter screen... and a few of samples, preferred in hex form.
Hi VaZso8, Have you managed to work out reading the inverter info? I am just looking at working out some remote control mechanism for my inverters, Thanks (Koszi) Tom (Tamas)

Back