diy solar

diy solar

Deye turns off no alarms

Aricio

I realized my grid tied deye 5k hybrid was off for 5 days without any alarms. Solarman was showing all green yet i realized after 5 days the production was 0. Yet no alarms, at all. So i turned the inverter off and on to solve the problem. All is ok now but this happened multiple times already and it is very annoying. I must check the inverter everyday. I suspect this is a software problem rather than hardware. Unforttnately deye asks me to help debug it. But how can i find a solution if this thing happens arbitrarily? Anybody else has the same problem?

Hi
I have the Deye 5K hybrid inverter and have not had one problem since it was installed, yours sounds like a set up issue.

There is no set up issue. Even if there is it has to show as a fault. While it is working normally, it just stops withuout you noticing it. I believe the firmware is not well-maintained or perhaps has issues. Any fault has to show in their solarman app yet this does not show any fault on the machine or in the app. So one day you will wake up and see your inverter has not been producing for days. And when you communicate with deye they unfortunately do not even understand the question. Yet they say jusr like you, set up issue. I am not sure if you work for them. If you do; first step is understand the problem, and second act on it. If it is a set up issue, why does it work for months with no issues? The definition of -being off- is a default by itself unless i turn it off myself.

How does a high dc input occur. It is impossible. Only if lightining strikes, perhaps.

Well, i do not have any batteries. But for your situation; your inverter -nowadays they tend to call them smart inverters, sense that and register as a fault. No fault is without a reason. If your inverter does not tell you that there is certainly a firmware issue.

Well, i do not have any batteries. But for your situation; your inverter -nowadays they tend to call them smart inverters, sense that and register as a fault. No fault is without a reason. If your inverter does not tell you that there is certainly a firmware issue.
Let me back-peddle a bit. The inverter goes dark. I have to put the switch into the off position and then back to the on position to get it to power up. There IS an 03 error code which I believe is high input voltage. I do not know why the unit goes dark. The only thing I can speculate is that the housekeeping power supply shuts itself in order to protect itself. THIS IS WILD SPECULATION, so not worth much at this point. I will say that it wouldn't be very difficult to design a housekeeping power supply that would be good to 100v, so I doubt my own speculation at this point. I speak from experience as I have designed flyback power supplies to run large industrial inverters on 600vac power lines. Maybe we can get Signature Solar involved and get their input.

I can try to help, but need more info.
Model of Growatt:
Description of your solar array set up, including panel specs and wiring (how many panels in series/parallel etc):
Any other details. Thanks!

My issue was solved by deye by a simple firmware update. So i strongly suggest to anybody who sees this; update is a must and dont’ stay behind.

diy solar

diy solar
Back