diy solar

diy solar

Direct wiring a phone with a single cell?

hardtop

I've got 4 LF304 batteries coming next week, my first ever DIY LiFeP04 and before I even get it now I'm curious about powering an Android phone with a single cell. I have an old LG G6 Android phone and the beauty of it is it runs Android 7 and that is the last version where you can connect an external GPS over bluetooth and use Mock Locations.
I live in a metropolitan area and google maps works best with an external GPS. With all the freeway interchanges, frontage roads and forks all in one area using just my embedded phone GPS gets confused and so do I. That doesn't happen when using an external BTH GPS receiver.

But the battery in the phone is swelling so badly I think it might explode so now I'm wondering if I could buy 1 more LF304 and wire it directly to the phone? How could the positive and negative connections be connected into the ribbon to where the connector would still be used but the other end goes to the LF304?

kn0groQ.jpg

spcHuQs.jpg

3.2V nominal vs. 3.7V might be an issue. Your phone may display 0% SOC, but that may actually be 5% actual SOC or about 3.45V for the original li-ion cell. If your EVE cell is at 3.44V the phone might not even start up. I don't think it'd hurt to try, though.

It sounds like I need more volts. The idea was to wire it up and leave it in my truck. My daily is a Pixel 7 Pro, but like I said the GPS and maps suck on it.

3.2V nominal vs. 3.7V might be an issue. Your phone may display 0% SOC, but that may actually be 5% actual SOC or about 3.45V for the original li-ion cell. If your EVE cell is at 3.44V the phone might not even start up. I don't think it'd hurt to try, though.

Ncm has a cut off voltage around 2.5-2.75v

It could still work

It should work ff the 5V US input. Pull off the connector lead to battery , there should be a temp sensor an mark +-. There are many gum wrapper batteries on Ali.

Back