diy solar

diy solar

Disappearing/hinted features on VictronConnect app? [SOLVED]

Bowlegs868

I've noticed that "Total Network Power" would sometimes show up for a split second in the VictronConnect app and then disappear

After a recent app update I'm getting the same behaviour with what looks to be a very useful "feature" but again, they're disappearing so I'm wondering what that's about

I've attached a couple screenshots below showing that you can see info below the devices, such as charge voltages or wattages

Attachments

• 682D70D5-4621-4A83-9EEB-7607333886B0.png
    682D70D5-4621-4A83-9EEB-7607333886B0.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 8FA65E90-615D-450B-AB66-C45B11A2B029.png
    8FA65E90-615D-450B-AB66-C45B11A2B029.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 18
Must be this feature:
New broadcast data functionality:
  • VictronConnect can now show the most relevant data of Smart products in the product list page without having to stablish connection with the product.

I haven't updated to that version yet to try. Could you be out of range of the bluetooth? and assume you updated the firmware on the charge controller to enable that feature as well?

I haven't updated to that version yet to try. Could you be out of range of the bluetooth? and assume you updated the firmware on the charge controller to enable that feature as well?
actually, I hadn't updated the firmware, just the app but I just finished updating the firmwares and it's working fine so thanks ?

I've noticed that "Total Network Power" would sometimes show up for a split second in the VictronConnect app and then disappear

After a recent app update I'm getting the same behaviour with what looks to be a very useful "feature" but again, they're disappearing so I'm wondering what that's about

I've attached a couple screenshots below showing that you can see info below the devices, such as charge voltages or wattages
If I understand the point your making it sounds like the “Bluetooth live data advertisement” briefly appears below a Device from the Device List screen. Personally, I don’t like this new VictronConnect feature update. I disabled it, but when I close a device and the screen returns to the Device List it “ghosts” then disappears. His should not happen with the feature disabled. Another VictronConnect update posted today and I expected this would fix the ghosting, but it didn’t. It’s not a critical issue, But if you’re going to add a feature with the ability to disable it then once disabled ithere should not any ghosting, which is annoying because it means—I guess this is the programmer in me speaking—there should be any ghosting. This is dirty coding.

Personally, I don’t like this new VictronConnect feature update.
Really?! I like the ability to see what's going on with my shunt and my charge controller at the same time without having to switch between them and wait for the app to load the data every time...

What about it you're not a fan of?

I do like this feature, but notice it only seems to work with my Smartsolar and battery sense devices, not my two Bluesolar 75/15 controllers, despite being fitted with Bluetooth dongles. However, they do show the 'ghosting' as described above, so would appear to have the capability.

App and all devices, including Bluetooth, updated to latest firmware.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Can answer my own question - seems it is coming in the next app update currently in Beta https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

Last edited:

Any ideas?

EDIT: Can answer my own question - seems it is coming in the next app update currently in Beta https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta
There appears to be two firmwares on Victron products... the update came in for the second one, the Bluetooth interface.

Hopefully, that's the one you updated but then again, I'm not sure how it is with the Bluetooth dongles

Check my screenshot...

Attachments

• A4BCE9A8-1AB0-4BF3-869D-7C26FF497286.jpeg
    A4BCE9A8-1AB0-4BF3-869D-7C26FF497286.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 4
There appears to be two firmwares on Victron products... the update came in for the second one, the Bluetooth interface.

Hopefully, that's the one you updated but then again, I'm not sure how it is with the Bluetooth dongles

Check my screenshot...
Thanks. I got all recent updates. I agree with you that it’s nice to be able to see a devices data without having to select the device. To elaborate a bit further about my initial comment that ‘I don’t like this new feature’. The size of the font is too small (for my eyes) so I have to put my glasses on to see it clearly; Something I don’t have to do when I view the data by selecting device—ding #1. As I said I disabled this feature, but it still flashes briefly upon returning to the Device List, which is just sloppy coding—ding #2. There is a humorous element to this new feature. Their choice of Nomenclature in the use of the word “advertisement” Immediately struck a nerve. I thought, great now Victron is gonna start posting advertisements when you use the app. Here in the states we tend to get very sensitive about anything with the word advertisement because of its vernacular. Alas, despite being an old curmudgeon I still love Victron products and use them exclusively.

I wonder what would've annoyed me more... a feature that's too small or one that flashes all the time reminding me that it's there... but I get where you're coming from now ?

I do like this feature, but notice it only seems to work with my Smartsolar and battery sense devices, not my two Bluesolar 75/15 controllers, despite being fitted with Bluetooth dongles. However, they do show the 'ghosting' as described above, so would appear to have the capability.

Any ideas?

Just downloaded the Beta version 5.73beta1 of Victron connect which allows you to update the Bluetooth dongle to version 2.41 same as the Smartsolar built in Bluetooth module.

I now have live data displayed for my two Bluesolar devices as well as the two Smartsolar devices. Little things please little minds ?

Just downloaded the Beta version 5.73beta1 of Victron connect which allows you to update the Bluetooth dongle to version 2.41 same as the Smartsolar built in Bluetooth module.

I now have live data displayed for my two Bluesolar devices as well as the two Smartsolar devices. Little things please little minds ?
great! I'm glad you can now enjoy the feature ? I'm hoping they will allow you to select which data is displayed in the next update

Back