diy solar

diy solar

DIY HANDCART SOLAR BUILD "NEED HELP"

ELDER YAHUDAH

Hi everyone, new to the forum. but been following Will prowse since the beginning of his inception on YouTube. i'm finally getting around to trying my system out. i've had it built for 3 years but never hooked it up to my sok 206ah battery or solar. Well I did just that today and I'm not getting any power from the 100 watt panel. I tested the 100 watt panel and it was low volt reading 3.36 instead of being over 5 or so. I then switched to my 160 watt renogy panel and check the volts and everything is good. But when I plug in the solr wires the dark moon shows up and I'm getting no power. I have a photo attach. And help would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 20231028_140715.jpg
    20231028_140715.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20231028_140715.jpg
    20231028_140715.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 9
I tested the 100 watt panel and it was low volt reading 3.36 instead of being over 5 or so.
3.3 volts? That a dead panel.

But when I plug in the solr wires the dark moon shows up and I'm getting no power.
First thing to check is the terminal screws where your solar panel comes in. If you're not seeing at least 18v then there isn't enough voltage coming from the panel to feed the SCC the 3-5v it needs plus the 14.6v the battery is asking for. If the SCC doesn't have enough voltage it assumes it's too dark out to generate power and you get the moon icon. Best thing to do is either get a higher rated panel, like a "24v Panel" (marketing speak but should have a VoC of 33+ volts or so) OR get a pair of panels and connect them in series to get plenty of voltage for the battery and SCC and some left over to charge with.

3.3 volts? That a dead panel.

First thing to check is the terminal screws where your solar panel comes in. If you're not seeing at least 18v then there isn't enough voltage coming from the panel to feed the SCC the 3-5v it needs plus the 14.6v the battery is asking for. If the SCC doesn't have enough voltage it assumes it's too dark out to generate power and you get the moon icon. Best thing to do is either get a higher rated panel, like a "24v Panel" (marketing speak but should have a VoC of 33+ volts or so) OR get a pair of panels and connect them in series to get plenty of voltage for the battery and SCC and some left over to charge with.
Thank you so very much. I did exactly that and the 100 hqst panel did not have enough volts once I put it on the multimeter. I changed the panel out for 2 x 160 renogy panels and everything worked like a charm. Thank you for taking the time to help and respond to my post.

Back