diy solar

diy solar

DIY in Riverside, CA - anyone?

summoner12

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here has done their own solar in Riverside, CA. I am wondering what the experience was like for you. Also curious if anyone in Riverside has tried to expand?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here has done their own solar in Riverside, CA. I am wondering what the experience was like for you. Also curious if anyone in Riverside has tried to expand?
Hello neighbor, I started with a small, leased Solar City grid-tie DC string system and then added another 3kW Enphase system. Couple of years later added a Schneider XW+ 6848 & batteries, whole house back up, AC coupled to the existing grid-tie systems. One of the batteries is a DIY build. In the process of adding all of the above I replaced the original 100A main panel with a 200A panel, 42 spaces. Cannot comment regarding the permitting process if you know what I mean.
In one sense its a bit of a "Franken" system but actually works quite well with no problems so far.

Hello neighbor, I started with a small, leased Solar City grid-tie DC string system and then added another 3kW Enphase system. Couple of years later added a Schneider XW+ 6848 & batteries, whole house back up, AC coupled to the existing grid-tie systems. One of the batteries is a DIY build. In the process of adding all of the above I replaced the original 100A main panel with a 200A panel, 42 spaces. Cannot comment regarding the permitting process if you know what I mean.
In one sense its a bit of a "Franken" system but actually works quite well with no problems so far.
Has RPU been in touch? LOL.

I want to add. But the process is a bit of a PITA. And if I can fly under radar would rather just add a couple panels.

Back