diy solar

diy solar

Do I need a inverter with a terminal block (hardwire)

Let me ask you this.
I see all over the internet's people just unplugging from shore power and plugging into the inverter and turning off the charger. Everyone says that's fine and never mention anything about neutral bonding issues. Are they maybe potentially creating a safety hazard like me?

Lots of things function, especially when things go right. We need to be concerned with what can go wrong, the likelihood, and consequences.

I'm not real up on mobile issues, just understand grounding and safety. Some other guys here have experience with RV systems.
In my opinion, neutral should be at same potential as RV chassis, and same as earth.
Here is an article which mentions UL458

Yeah this mobile inverter stuff made my head hurt all day. Not sure if there is a inverter that has a terminal block with a neutral ground bond that I have found. I would return this and get it of someone has a recommend. I did watch a grounding video Will mentioned in his inverter video
Everything works in the RV now. I have 7 outlets and a microwave that the inverter powers, so it's not much. I probably will keep it
I thank you for letting me know of issues there is with what I have setup and if I can correct it I will. If I do I will update this post.
Cheers ?

Back