diy solar

diy solar

Looking for a 12V 1500W~2000W Pure Sine Wave inverter under $300

rcarlos243

I am currently looking for recommendations on which 1500W~2000W 12V Pure Sine Wave inverter for under $250. It is going to be connected to a 12v car battery to power electronics like PC hardware, shop vac, microwave, etc...

I am looking to purchase it on Amazon.

After some research, it looks like Giandel is a good brand and Renogy should be avoided.
Top brands seems to be Samlex, Victron, Aims Power, but they are out of my budget.

I also am considering Voltworks 1500w Pure Sine Wave, but I am unsure if this is a good brand or model.

I am currently looking for recommendations on which 1500W~2000W 12V Pure Sine Wave inverter for under $250. It is going to be connected to a 12v car battery to power electronics like PC hardware, shop vac, microwave, etc...

After some research, it looks like Giandel is a good brand and Renogy should be avoided.
Top brands seems to be Samlex, Victron, Aims Power, but they are out of my budget.

I also am considering Voltworks 1500w Pure Sine Wave, but I am unsure if this is a good brand or model.
If you want something inexpensive and still great, take a look at the 2500W VEVOR units. I have the 3500W unit currently and am buying a 2500W model this week. They are rock solid and quiet. I have evaluated most of the models listed above and don't recommend a single one of them. The Giandels have good reviews but they are more expensive than the VEVORs. Samlex used to be one of the best around, not anymore. Victron is way over rated. Sure they are incredible and over engineered, and you pay for it multiple times over. Aims Power is garbage, always has been. I have direct experience with three of the five mentioned above. I buy VEVOR now. You can get a 100Ah LiFePO4 battery with low temperature sensor and blue tooth for under $180 now from multiple vendors. The VEVOR 2500W costs $162 on Amazon with three day delivery. Total price is $342. If you plan to use more than 1200W though you will need two batteries in parallel for 2400W, or you will need to pay quite a bit more for a single 100Ah battery with a 200A continuous discharge BMS. Cost of those is about twice the price of the 100A BMS batteries so you might as well buy two batteries and get twice the capacity as well as the 200A output, or go lead acid.

One other note: if you are planning to run shop vacs and microwaves you will need at least 2000 watts. A shop vac will put a large load on the battery and inverter for the first second. You will also need to use lead acid batteries (preferably a deep cycle rather than a car battery as you mentioned above). A car battery isn't designed to provide sustained delivery like this. So you should either buy a couple LiFePO4 batteries for around $180 a piece or you should get a real deep cycle lead acid battery. A single 100Ah lead acid can handle the current draw you are talking about with shops vacs and microwaves.

Last edited:
If you want something inexpensive and still great, take a look at the 2500W VEVOR units. I have the 3500W unit currently and am buying a 2500W model this week. They are rock solid and quiet. I have evaluated most of the models listed above and don't recommend a single one of them.
Vevor's product line is very wide (I was looking at refrigerant reclaim devices under their name) and got the impression they re-badge someone else's product. Do they design and manufacture their own inverters? I'm looking to L1 charge my EV from 24V pack and Vevor's pricing is extremely good, but scary good.

Which exact units do you have?

Top brands seems to be Samlex, Victron, Aims Power, but they are out of my budget.,

This 1200 watt model is often available new/other on eBay for under $250. It is a beast as far as tolerating inrush current. I have run large shop vacs, 5000-6000 BTU air conditioners, and a small 120v air compressor. There are higher wattage models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1259669873...9e/WCotRMbTjfgicKB5XAo1w==|tkp:Bk9SR66BmPW-Yw

Vevor's product line is very wide (I was looking at refrigerant reclaim devices under their name) and got the impression they re-badge someone else's product. Do they design and manufacture their own inverters? I'm looking to L1 charge my EV from 24V pack and Vevor's pricing is extremely good, but scary good.

Which exact units do you have?
They are kind of like a mix between Harbor Freight and Temu I guess. They couldn't manufacture everything they sell. They just provide a brand for products. Maybe they make some things. I am sure they don't make inverters, but neither does any name brand I know. In fact what does it mean to manufacture something today? Does it mean they design the boards, make the capacitors, resistors, inductors, switches, wires, semiconductors, etc? Does it means they assemble the parts? Does it mean they sell what others have made out of parts others have made out of other parts others have made? All I care about is if the product does what it was advertised to do. Then I don't feel ripped off. I think that's what they do.

They are kind of like a mix between Harbor Freight and Temu I guess. They couldn't manufacture everything they sell. They just provide a brand for products. Maybe they make some things. I am sure they don't make inverters, but neither does any name brand I know. In fact what does it mean to manufacture something today? Does it mean they design the boards, make the capacitors, resistors, inductors, switches, wires, semiconductors, etc? Does it means they assemble the parts? Does it mean they sell what others have made out of parts others have made out of other parts others have made? All I care about is if the product does what it was advertised to do. Then I don't feel ripped off. I think that's what they do.
Manufacture today would be design the circuit, layout the boards or have that contracted out, then have the boards stuffed to their bill of materials. Testing might be done a the CM (contract manufacturer) or in-house. I'm guessing Victron does their own design and has contract manufacturers for production, like Apple does for iPhones having Foxconn build their design.

Thanks to the person above that mentioned Xantrex - I didn't realize they could be a possibility, but their used/pull prices are pretty good. Their 1800W 24V inverter would be cutting it close, but the specs do say 1800W continuous.

I have a "genpower" 2000w 12v inverter outputting 240v/50hz. It has been running for approximately 10yrs.

If i had my time over i would have gotten the 2500w version.

There are a lot of professional inverter manufacturers in Guangdong, China, although they are not big brands, but their quality is also very good, and some of them have UL certification, the selling price is very cheap, almost in the range of 50$ ~ 100$.There are a lot of professional inverter manufacturers in Guangdong, China, although they are not big brands, but their quality is also very good, and some of them have UL certification, the selling price is very cheap, almost in the range of 50$ ~ 100$.
You say there are a lot of professional inverter manufacturers in Guangdong, China?

Are they big brands or no? Is their quality "very good"?
And maybe some are UL listed?
Possibly in the $50-$100 range?

Attachments

• surprised-pikachu.gif
    surprised-pikachu.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I just had a Vevor 3500 Watt PSW 12v inverter delivered yesterday. Bought from Vevor's website for $232 with free shipping. Standard UPS shipping only took 2 days, Tacoma WA to Bend OR. I have no experience with Vevor branded inverters but I do have a Vevor diesel heater that has been reliable.

Back