diy solar

diy solar

Do Manual switches exist to switch where solar power goes?

sethbest

I just setup a permanent solar array in my patio roof. 4 panels; 400 watts, series-parallel setup, 48 V based on open-circuit voltage, and 10 Amps. I'm running a 12 gauge wire down into my basement where it plugs into a consumer battery that fits these specs (Ecoflow Delta 2). I'd like to have it setup with a physical switch outside that can route the power from the panels in a different direction, instead of through the existing run into the basement/battery. Something I can just flip or turn for the power to instead run towards the fuse-box intake for the future incase I do a larger install that wires in there (Ignore the complexities of this part, just looking for info on a device I can use to get the power from the panels to output a different direction).

The goal here is that someday I might have a professional installer put up panels on the actual roof, handle the charge controllers and whatnot and wire it into my houses actual breaker box, including the patio panels from this switch... but that if the power goes out and I'm using my battery (or even just to recharge my battery after using it for camping or whatever) I can just switch the patio panels back to the run into the basement to charge the battery for as long as needed before switching it back.

All I'm finding with searching are pretty complicated transfer switches, and just straight-up on-off switches. I'm hoping to find a simple manual mechanical switch to do this cut-over that can be setup outdoors (in my covered patio). If product suggestions are disallowed a name for what I'm looking for would be just as helpful.

Thanks!

Well there are PLENTY of 48V rated DC selector switches available.
And for your tiny array, it likely will be fine.
Just don't use the 1+2 setting...

Well there are PLENTY of 48V rated DC selector switches available.
And for your tiny array, it likely will be fine.
Just don't use the 1+2 setting...
"Selector switch" is apparently the search terms I needed. Exactly what I was looking for thanks! Using that I'm finding outdoor "rotary change-over" switches that look like exactly what I was thinking about.

Back