diy solar

diy solar

Docan is Selling Fully Populated 280 & 304 Ah 48v Seplos Mason Boxes ! Is this a Good Price ??

MrM1

I'm Here, But I'm Not All There
Just got an email saying Docan has the Seplos Mason boxes selling them with or without cells. I was guessing they were not assembling the ones with cells, but it was interesting too me as I am about to start another project and might be building up a Dual XW Pro system with about 30 kWh+ of battery .

So I reached out to Docan on price.

The Seplos Mason box seemed reasonable at $500 + shipping

BUT ... I was quoted (and to my surprise, this is how it was worded to me)
- Fully assembled 48V 280Ah battery pack price is 2300USD/pack+shipping cost
- Fully assembled 48V 290Ah/304Ah battery pack price is 2750USD/pc+shipping cost

Given that shipping is probably from China, and lets say it's between $500 and $700USD, for the 304s worse case (shipping) would be about $2750+$700=$3450. Where as an Equivalent EG4 (3x$1499) would be $4497 not including shipping.

Wouldn't that be a really good price? What am I missing? I just build up 2 EVE 280Ah batteries DIY no case and the cells alone were $4428 delivered (for 34 cells ~ ordered 2 extra ~ back 18 months ago). Doing it again, I might consider the Seplos Mason with cell option.

Last edited:
I got that email from Amy yesterday as well. Surprised actually. I didn't ask for pricing.
Seems like a nice solution for a big power bank.

I got that email from Amy yesterday as well. Surprised actually. I didn't ask for pricing.
Seems like a nice solution for a big power bank.
Yeah I know very little about the Seplos box and bms. Are the settings user programmable? Personally I'd stay DIY, but in my next big build, the user will need more of a set it and forget it's set up.

And price? I can't find hardy build it DIY for what she's offering the 304s for with box and bms.

It's a decent deal because the 304ah Trophy batteries are only $4700 and come with heaters and a warranty, and that's about the only comparable unit.

So depending on the shipping guesstimates it's not bad at all. There have been quite a few reviews of that box kit and my general understanding is that the communication is flakey as hell but the battery works which is all most people are after.

I have 8 Trophy 220’s paid about $7300.00 for each pair delivered within 1 week and 10 yr warranty. All 8 came in with perfectly matched cells and at 230Ah each minimum. No top balancing needed

Updated ; DDP drop shipping to my door in FL for 16 EVE 304s, the Seplos box, and USB to RS485 adaptor is $320

So total is actually $2958 + 5% transaction fee.

I emailed Amy about the Seplos kits and she pointed me to the Seplos website. Does Docan actually sell them?
Updated ; DDP drop shipping to my door in FL for 16 EVE 304s, the Seplos box, and USB to RS485 adaptor is $320

So total is actually $2958 + 5% transaction fee.

That's actually a great price. Do you have a link? Amy pointed me to the Seplos website when I couldn't find them on Docan.

16 EVE 280Ah cells from Docan cost me ~ $2650 shipped. Then $100-200 for a BMS, no nice box, ...

I ordered a Mason 280 kit from Seplos a few days ago and it was $1100+ shipped for the kit, heating pads, inverter and programming cables. I'm thinking of buying 100 kits to get the wholesale price and becoming a US dealer. lol

I emailed Amy about the Seplos kits and she pointed me to the Seplos website. Does Docan actually sell them?

That's actually a great price. Do you have a link? Amy pointed me to the Seplos website when I couldn't find them on Docan.

16 EVE 280Ah cells from Docan cost me ~ $2650 shipped. Then $100-200 for a BMS, no nice box, ...

I ordered a Mason 280 kit from Seplos a few days ago and it was $1100+ shipped for the kit, heating pads, inverter and programming cables. I'm thinking of buying 100 kits to get the wholesale price and becoming a US dealer. lol
I do not, it was in an email discussion I was having with her.

im just about to purchase 2 x seplos mason kits with 304 cells, waiting to hear from her for latest prices. didnt know she did pre assembled kits!

Edit.

Ive got my quote and to my pleasant surprise the price of the 280A cells has dropped from $115 / cell to $90 giving me a $500 saving on my 32 cell order.
Looked at the pre assembled banks but the worked out at bout $600 more expensive, so ill build them myself.

Amy has been super responsive, so far its been a pleasurable experience, ill continue to let you know how i get on.

Last edited:
Back