diy solar

diy solar

Does anyone have a recommendation on a 24 volt 6000 watt sine wave Inverter

Sounds good fun mate , I'm not too far from you the other side of the Bristol channel in wales

How are those batteries wired up have you got a good balance? You can test by voltage drop under consistent load on each battery ,

or more accurately a DC rated clamp/amp meter on each cable, should be within 10% of each other, closer the better. Better they're balanced the longer they'll last

I have read about balancing, but that was after I had connected the battery's all up : )

At sometime I shall rewire with new cable and terminals.

I used heavy cable I had over from feeding 12 volts to rotary converters on WW2 transmitters.

The battery terminals I purchased work OK, but are not brass as the eBay listing stated, they refunded and left me with the goods so used them for now.

It is a rather unlikely use case for most people. There is also theh fact that many mobile setups will not have sufficent battery capacity to attempt loading at such a high wattage.

I will say that the majority of mobile inverters out there are hopelessly over rated as to what they can actually produce.
Yes they advertise at 3000 or more watts on the eBay listing, then after reading all the gumph below you end up with an inverter that is rated for continues use at 400 watts : )

I have given up messaging them, deception is part of their mind set, it is a pity as it makes you suspect them all.

Positive feedback is of little help, often given five minuets after delivery of the new toy and just before it goes up in smoke.

Forums as this one is the only place for sound advice : )

Wiil be back later with green hands, as have stone steps to paint Oh joy

Back